Have and update. I got the Champion base with the two banjo fittings and the .12-.21 needle doesn't work. With the needle bottomed out and the needle base bottomed out you still get fuel flow and way to much at that. Got home and put the .45-101 needle in it and I can now get no fuel flow so time to finish the 40 hydro and will test the needle again when I go to break in the 40.

Have and update. I got the Champion base with the two banjo fittings and the .12-.21 needle doesn't work. With the needle bottomed out and the needle base bottomed out you still get fuel flow and way to much at that. Got home and put the .45-101 needle in it and I can now get no fuel flow so time to finish the 40 hydro and will test the needle again when I go to break in the 40.

If you use the long tapered OS needle (12 -21 as you call it) it won't seat in the straight fitting, you havta use one of the smaller diameter banjo fittings.

Edited by Terry Keeley

Funny, I'm using the fine tapered needle (the one with the groove) so far in my 20 mono and my 67 SAW boat.

Like I said it's too small to work with the straight fitting but it's definitely working for me with the banjo fitting as the seat.

My 20 mono flows 3 3/4 on an old school propane meter and ranges from about 2 3/4 - 4 3/4.

My SAW boat with a mild set up flows 8-10.

What problem were you having?

Edited by Terry Keeley

Funny, I'm using the fine tapered needle (the one with the groove) so far in my 20 mono and my 67 SAW boat.

Like I said it's too small to work with the straight fitting but it's definitely working for me with the banjo fitting as the seat.

My 20 mono flows 3 3/4 on an old school propane meter and ranges from about 2 3/4 - 4 3/4.

Put it in my 20 hydro and I can't get it to down enough. With the needle bottomed out and the arm bottomed out I was still getting to much fuel. Idk what is going on then. How long ago did you get yours? Maybe they changed the size of the hole in the banjo bolt

Put it in my 20 hydro and I can't get it to down enough. With the needle bottomed out and the arm bottomed out I was still getting to much fuel. Idk what is going on then. How long ago did you get yours? Maybe they changed the size of the hole in the banjo bolt

Just got mine a few months ago, was the same as the one I got 2 yrs ago.

What's the minimum you can flow?

Just got mine a few months ago, was the same as the one I got 2 yrs ago.

What's the minimum you can flow?

I'm buddy didn't have his meter with him. With everything bottomed out I was still able to blow air through it. So I said the hell with it and threw the boat in and got up on plane but not on the pipe. I am finishing my 40 hydro now and should be braking it in and will bring the 20 boat and retest the needle again.