Darren Elson

New Hydro design and build

Been wanting to design and build 1 of these for a while now and after few small sketches i decided was time to do full size drawing i wanted it to be
i wanted to get the exhaust inside the hull to keep it sleek lines and looks not the easiest but with some certain regulations over here in our club i wanted to be able to race it and bring something new to the water
Once happy with drawings i started the build LOL
everything you see is done by hand and once started piecing it together hence the LOL above i started changing couple of lines till i was satisfied
Hope you like and enjoy the pics

20180219_143849_zpsggkq8mqt.jpg

20180224_184541_zpsaqx7pxxi.jpg

20180226_070520_zpsvrflsahi.jpg

20180226_070619_zps034fbbou.jpg

20180226_121143_zps8fhprjit.jpg

20180226_121148_zpsi9bj3c8l.jpg

Question, are those brad nails holding on the bottom sheeting? Just curious. As an alternate, I use small cap head screws to hold down ply till the epoxy dries. They are bout the size of a 2/56 bolt x 3/8".Then back them out and fill.

Question, are those brad nails holding on the bottom sheeting? Just curious. As an alternate, I use small cap head screws to hold down ply till the epoxy dries. They are bout the size of a 2/56 bolt x 3/8".Then back them out and fill.

Hi Mike there lost head panel pins or as i call them thumb hitters from trying to hold them LOL

there only 8mm long x 0.7 mm

tbh dont normally use them but this build and other im working on going straight to pattern coat and molding ;)

How wide is the transom? just asking as Id hate for you to build a boat thats not legal for sport hydro

How wide is the transom? just asking as Id hate for you to build a boat thats not legal for sport hydro

My thoughts too.

Made more progress
topdeck skins are done still needs final sanding but will do that in 1 hit once complete
Prepped and added skin to sponson top had to use few more tacks than would of liked but wont be an issue ;)

DSC_0229_zpsnqbqq50f.jpg

DSC_0230_zps2ut9dflu.jpg

DSC_0231_zpsxdhtlkvp.jpg

DSC_0232_zpshbzaeawu.jpg

DSC_0233_zpsltd498wd.jpg

DSC_0234_zpscmd4zp0h.jpg

DSC_0238_zpsl3nkobpr.jpg

DSC_0237_zpsiooi8vhc.jpg