Sign in to follow this  
Steve Seebold

Model boating near Phoenix AZ

I was wondering the same thing was just out to the Scottsdale area then Sedona, that is some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen.

Steve and Tony,

I have a friend that runs with a club between Phoenix and Tucson.

They run all kinds of boats. I will call him and find out the contact

people.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I was wondering the same thing was just out to the Scottsdale area then Sedona, that is some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen.

We were in Sedona about a year and a half ago and my wife found a store she really likes. Its called Rene Taylor Gallery. It cost me close to $3,000.00 to get out of there.

My wife and I were in Sedona about a year and a half ago and my wife found a store she really likes. Its called Rene Taylor Gallery. It cost me close to $3,000.00 to get out of there.

Edited by Steve Seebold

NAMBA District 19 folks run at:

Pheonix Area,

Kiwanis Lake Park, Tempe, AZ

Tucson Area,

Archer Lake, Tucson, AZ

There is a practice pond that the Phoenix guys run at. Get ahold of Lenny Blake as he can give you more precise info. There are quite a few guys that test on a regular basis there now. District races are held at Kiwanis Lake Park in Tempe for Gas/Nitro and Electric Boats race at McKellips Park in Scottsdale.

Lenny Blake? Is he that really cool, laid back dude(at least until he gets a boat on the water, then he's all business) that is usually seen at the NAMBA NATs?

The 2 place you can run Gas, Nitro & FE are at the Indian School pond, located Hayden Rd & Indian School Rd North West corner in Scottsdale. The other place is the McKellips Pond, located at Hayden Rd & Mckellips Rd North West corner (ablout a block in) Scottsdale. The Kiwanis Lake is only once a year by permit only, some run FE there but no noisy boats. These are the only place that i know of that allow gas boats in the Phx. area.

Jim