• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Newton Scale Hydro Plans- See list inside

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Hey everyone. I am trying to continue on drawing up scale plans, and I still have quite a few left to do. I have finished 8 more in the last few weeks (See those on the last two pages of this thread: http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=43524&page=17 )

Here is a list of the Newton plans I need. I need at least the framing sheets, but frames and sheeting would be great too. PM me what you have, and how much you want for them, and I will try and work something out! If I can complete this list, I will be able to have all of the 1/8th scale kits complete. Thanks, Mike

I will mark out the ones I acquire as it they come. Thanks, Mike, ML Boatworks

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m just saying one of the reason you have started a business is because of Roger and now David Newton scale. First scale Miss Tosti Asti and decals from Bill Fritz. www.newtonmarine.com

OK, this is obviously going in the wrong direction. It was not ment to go around David. All I was doing is trying to find any plans that people may not have needed, or used and pay for them if I could. Just like anything else that is for sale when someone wants to sell it. If not, I will just not add any more kits right now. I just cannot afford, nor justify $55 for each framing and sheeting set right now. 90% of which, I may never even sell a kit from anyways. This would be more just to say it is done, and added to the list. David, if you can work me out a price on the above plans that I can buy in bulk, I will consider it for sure. Just shoot me a PM or a text or call.

Tom, Yes, WE owe everything to Roger and David for allowing these kits to happen. In this case tho, Most of the ones I have not added, may never even sell anyways, but it would be neat to have them. Just to clarify, it has not been as simple as me copying over someone elses work. I still have over $100,000 worth of CADD time invested in the drawings I have done. They are not a simple copy and paste exercise. 10-30 hours in each kit, and another 4-5 hours for any additional scale sizes done off the 1/8th scale version. The Pay and Pak Rigger was an off and on exercise that took over a year to complete! The extreme kits, which built and designed nothing like any of the Newton plans, I may have 40 hours in as they are complete remakes of the thought process in design, and build.

Luckily, these kits have opened the class's up to a lot of new builders, and the gas scale class over the last 8 years which struggled outside of Washington State. It has been a lot of work, and effort to get to this point. I just wanted to carry on that into the future. No worries tho, if this thread offends anyone, the mods can just delete it. I will go back to working on other designs in my head. All I want to see, if the scale class and other classes continue into the future. I apologize if it came across the wrong way.

Anyone who has built from Roger's plans have the experience of reworking some of the bulkheads so they fit properly, i.e. too high or low for their position. With Mike's kits they just fit where they need to be, no sanding or building up. They allow the average building skilled boater to build there own scale. Not everybody has a shop that is equipped with a band saw, scroll saw, etc to cut all the parts needed to make a scale boat. This allows them the opportunity. I think Mike does this hobby a great service by eliminating the hours it takes to cut a kit out which would make a lot of people shy away from scale boats.

Thanks for the GREAT service you provide Mike!!

Brad

Yeah, i always appreciate kind words, but this was not ment to do anything negative to anyone. It was only to expand something the hobby has wanted and needed. David himself helped get me going years ago, and traded kits for plans so things could expand. StilI to this day, when someone asks for instructions, www.newtonmarine.com is my answer, that way everyone wins. I was just looking for plans to keep the cost down on this go around as the remaining kits may or may not even sell as no one has ever even asked for any of these I am requesting..Big investment for possible little return. This is more or less a challenge to see if I can complete the set. I have had a little extra drafting time right now, so I figured what the heck, lets do it. Lets try and keep this positive, or it WILL end up deleted, and I will ask for it to be deleted if that is the case.

Mike and David,

thank you for making the ML kits and Roger's plans available.

excellent products and service from both of you.

regarding available CAD time :

please release a 1/8 scale 167-7505 Lauterbach kit.

you have the reference drawings.

better yet would be a 1/7 scale 7505

your GP Lauterbach cowls should fit a 1/7 scale hull if you design the kit at the "small end" of the

1/7 scale MHR 7505 dimensions range.

thank you

Hey David, I will try and call you this week. I have been working in the shop most nights last week, and just did not get a chance to sit down and call. I will get up with you soon, and thank you!

Anyone who has built from Roger's plans have the experience of reworking some of the bulkheads so they fit properly, i.e. too high or low for their position. With Mike's kits they just fit where they need to be, no sanding or building up. They allow the average building skilled boater to build there own scale. Not everybody has a shop that is equipped with a band saw, scroll saw, etc to cut all the parts needed to make a scale boat. This allows them the opportunity. I think Mike does this hobby a great service by eliminating the hours it takes to cut a kit out which would make a lot of people shy away from scale boats.

Thanks for the GREAT service you provide Mike!!

Brad
THIS ^^^^^ well said!! always takes one JACK ASS to put the wrong spin on someone trying to better the hobby...

I’m sorry, I’ve had built scale off of Roger plans and yes bulkhead did need some work on.Roger took time to draw up plans to make scale hydro over FORTY YEARS ago it paper and a pencil... But what I read. pm me what you have and how much you want for them,and I will try and work something out! I have bought scale from Mike right from the start, I felt they wear cut right off of Roger plans and yes the bulkheads needed work on for a hundred dollars and it didn’t stopped me from buying more. But now it’s a different story great job. I know things will work themselves out. The JACK ASS

Latest posts

Back