Current competitive boat weight is?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidrichmond

Since returning back to boats,I have learned that many things have changed. What are the current,final boat weights,that I should be aiming for when building?

Sport 20 hydro?

Sport 20 tunnel?

12 rigger?

D7 N#457

With a 12, its the total package. Need to loose weight on all parts of the boat. I put it all on a scale. Made parts that were lighter. Switch out struts. MInes just at 2.

With a 12, its the total package. Need to loose weight on all parts of the boat. I put it all on a scale. Made parts that were lighter. Switch out struts. MInes just at 2.
Thank you Mike. Sounds like 2 lbs. is the goal for my rigger, I will trim the fat where I can. Anyone have goal weights for the hydro or the o/b tunnel hull?

D#7 N#457

My 2000 Elam weighs in at around 14 pounds without fuel. It has twin 10oz tanks so, when you add that in, it's probably around 15

Thank you Mike. Sounds like 2 lbs. is the goal for my rigger, I will trim the fat where I can. Anyone have goal weights for the hydro or the o/b tunnel hull?

D#7 N#457
Try to keep a 20 Stock Tunnel under 5 pounds.

JD

Guys,

I think it was a typo, he just missed the one before the 8.8?

An 18.8 lb thunderboat would be more like it. They are nice

boats, but they are heavier than most Nitro 1/8th Scales.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

D#7 N#457
Try to keep a 20 Stock Tunnel under 5 pounds.
JD
sport 20 hydro around 5 to 5 1/2 pounds.
Thank you for sharing.

My G-1 gas mono weighs in at a whopping 21 pounds. But when the water gets rough, it stays on the water

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be some magic going on there. Bigger boat, bigger engine and it weighs 4 pounds less than your scale.
Well I found the magic, I guess some how on this Baby Scale I must of hit the Units and it went to KG so it is 8.8 kg which is about 19.4. Sorry for the confusion. Im going to correct my original post.

Latest posts

Back