20, 40, and 60 Fiberglass Tunnel Hulls now available from Novarossi Marine USA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
Boaters,

I have been working diligently over the years since the aquisition of Novarossi Marine USA from Glenn, on a plan to help continue to grow our hobby as much as possible. That plan has included several new Novarossi marine inboard and outboard engine offerings. Even with these new offerings, there were still many voids which includes hull availability. We are very fortunate to have a generous supply of mono and hydro hulls available, but the void has been the availability of RTR (ready to rig) fiberglass tunnel hulls. There are several great wood tunnel kits available today from the US and Australia, that can be built and raced competetively, but there are so many other boaters that do not like to build or paint, and simply want to be able to easily purchase a fiberglass hull, mount their radio and engine, and run. With this in mind, Novarossi Marine USA has focused on a couple of projects to create a constant and consistent supply and flow of fiberglass tunnel hulls to our tunnel racers and hobby boaters.

Today, Novarossi Marine USA is pleased to announce an exclusive agreement with Carl Vanhouten at Vans Racing, to stock and sell his fiberglass tunnels, starting with the Lynx Tunnel. Carl is ramping up his manufacturing capabilities, to provide a steady flow of stock units. By the end of this week, we will have 4-5 tunnels in stock, and after initial demands are fulfilled, we will continue to keep 5-10 tunnels in stock at all times. These tunnels will include laser cut wood radio box bundles as well. Fiberglass radio boxes will be available as an option soon. Carl is also working on additional offerings to be available in early 2018, such as his 21 Taboo and a new 40 Tunnel hull mold and hulls he is hoping to finalize the middle of 2018.

Novarossi Marine USA has also just completed the purchase rightsand molds for the Leecraft line of tunnels and Sport Hydros from Alfred Lanza. My initial stock is in process and will be listed on the website by the first of next week I will also have 5ea- Leecraft 460 Tunnels in stock to address the 40 and 60 outboard tunnel classes. I will also keep the Leecraft tunnels in stock at all times, with more announcements coming in 2018.

Hopefully having a constant supply of 20, 40, and 60 tunnels in stock and available will help the membership of the IMPBA and NAMBA organizations grow the tunnel class levels bact to where they were years ago and closer to the participation of the mono and hydro classes. Thank you.

VERY KEWL stuff Ron,,,,

Not a tunnel racer myself,, but man, it sounds like you are on top of your game with all of these announcements.

I have rigged and raced one of the 21 sport's from LeeCraft in the past and is a neat little hull.

ROCK ON Ron

Thank you Rick. We are fortunate to have a steady flow of fiberglass monos (thanks Jerry) but had a huge void for fiberglass tunnels, so this will help. Thats great to know about the Sport 20. I will find out what hardware kit works the best, (do you remember?), and that will be my next project to get some of these out to boaters as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Just having boats and engines readily available should help rebuild these tunnel classes. Time will tell.

Any chance of Novarossi making a lower unit and selling a complete "stock" outboard?
Buddy,

Novarossi World has been awesome to work with and agreed to develope the 21, 46, and now the 67 outboard engines for our tunnels. I have mentioned several other projects to them. Amongst these are a larger volume case to support a 101 engine design, a complete Sport powerhead including factory outboard pipe, and two lower unit designs to accomodate the 21 and the 46-67 powerheads. As long as sales continue and the demand is there, Nova will continue to make sure their customers have the products they need for competition, as well as sport boating.

Update. I know have several Lynx 21’s in stock with more coming every week. They will retail for $325 each and have the option for a wooden radio box kit for $35 each. Eventually we will have the fiberglass radio box kits at $45 eac as an option as well. The Leecraft 460 tunnels are expected the end of this week and will start shipping Friday or Monday. Thank you for the overwhelming support on getting these tunnels back in production and easily available. Please email me at [email protected] with any questions you may have. Thank you.

Ron, thanks for working on increasing interest in our hobby. Whether its through motor development or helping to make hulls readily available for us. You and NovaRossi have been going above and beyond.

Thanks for all your work.

Ron, thanks for working on increasing interest in our hobby. Whether its through motor development or helping to make hulls readily available for us. You and NovaRossi have been going above and beyond.

THIS!!!^^^^ great to see all the great people going above and beyond to help our hobby out!!! KUDDO"S!!

Thank you John. If I can do anything for you let me know.

THIS!!!^^^^ great to see all the great people going above and beyond to help our hobby out!!! KUDDO"S!!
Thank you Mike.

Back