• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Picco .45 Blackhead (99) need a 7mm crankshaft

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black head & the newier Blue heads 2001 to current EXR picco 45s were 8mm crank. The Older 98/early 99 era Blue head 7mm crank was a Non EXR motor & it had a 7mm crank on the PTO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, What is the difference between the P45R blue head and black head? I just bought the black head.I'd like to have some tips of use with my Jaguar III and Crapshooter.

............................................. Chris.......................

The very first blackhead that came out had a 7mm crank. They broke often and Picco changed it out to 8mm. The small bearing size changed from a 607 to a 608 as well. I had one engine and indeed broke the crank in about 1998. Cindy Zaker replaced the crank and I got a new Picco 8mm at cost from her. I know exactly where that 7mm crank engine is now and it still runs. But it is like a grenade and will go at some time.

I know of no 7mm cranks remaining unless someone is packing them away.

Update - I contacted the fellow that now owns that 7mm crank engine and it indeed is a blackhead engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gil can you show us a pic of the liner out of your engine & what is the Piston OD? 7mm stuff had a diff piston/liner than 8mm stuff.

Hi Joe this motor is a Blackhead as John mentioned...as soon I arrive at home will post pics.Thanks Gill

7mm crank will be hard to find. many broke & they later released some that had more rockwell hardness. But it was all a long time ago..

Hope it can survive some more tanks.Lol......time for new ball bearings.The OD of the piston is 21,4mm.Gill

IMG_20170807_185403991.jpg

Latest posts

Back