Starter pack

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Gadoury

I would like to put a LIPO pack on my Sullivan hi-tork starter so I don't have a cord.

What would you suggest I use?

It will mainly be for sport 20 and sport 40.

Thanks for your help!

Eric

I use a 4s 3300mah lipo with a 30c discharge rating on mine. And it is usually at 90% capacity after using the starter all weekend. So for me 3300mah is plenty of battery. That's on a Sullivan yellow deluxe starter

I would NOT use a 4 cell to start 20 and 40 motors. 3 cell is 12v and plenty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

I will probably end up putting two 2S batteries in series since I have a couple of these on hand.

Thanks,

Actually that is how I have mine set up. 2 2S batteries with a deans series connector. Works great.

I have 2 3S 6000 mAh packs in series for 24 volts. I'm using an HVAC blower motor from a Jeep Liberty with a starter pulley pressed onto the shaft.

I'm really glad I ditched the lead-acid batteries. The LiPos are much, much lighter and I did some measurements and found that the LiPos had less voltage drop under load than the lead-acids.

Jim please show me your starter at the next race. I would like to see your handy work with the blower motor starter. Very creative!

I use a 15.2 volt (4 cellHV), 1800 mAh, 80 C discharge, 180 C Burst, Lumenier, lithium Polyymer battery on my TFL hobby starter. This starter & battery combination out perform my Sullivan S-650 starter by a large amount. The photo shows the obivious difference is size. Also, the smaller starter, with it's battery mounted, weighs much less than the Sullivan starter. The starter was purchased from Fads Trading in Australia.

Jim Allen

Latest posts

Back