• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trailer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercguy

United trailer, 2011, dual torsion bar axles, 2-3 boat racks, floor tie down rings, garage stored, excellent condition. Located in Stuart, Fl

$3000. 772-631-2862

trailer_2016_05_16_2525.JPG

trailer_2016_05_16_2525.JPG

trailer_2016_05_16_2529.JPG

Oops. Forgot that important spec. It is 12' x 7 ft wide. with the V nose it is 14' inside. It is 6'3" high inside. I am almost 6' and can stand up inside.

Thanks for inquiring

Bill Hoch

Brian

Yes it does have electric brakes on all wheels. It weighs around 3000 lbs so it is heavy duty. Has jacks on the back, Finished inside walls and ceilings.

Bill

Bill

Boy if I could get it back here to Colorado I would this in a heartbeat! Maybe Horsley will bring it out when he comes to the Nationals!

Does it have electric brakes on both axles?
Brian, if I remember right, any trailer with more than one axle is required by the feds to have brakes on all wheels. If it was a single axle, brakes are a "nice to have" but wouldn't be required.

Bill, it's too bad I don't have the cash or vacation time or I'd be headed your way right now to pick it up
default_sad.png

It's lite enough that, even loaded, my S-10 could pull it without being overloaded with the proper equalizer gear installed
default_cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:
In virginia if the trailer is 3,000 lbs or greater it is required to have trailer brakes, but the trailer can come equipped with brakes on one axle or two axle. I am sure a s-10 truck could pull a trailer that big but it wouldnt have enough braking power you will burn up your brakes on the s-10. Also make sure you have a transmission cooler and heavy duty cooling radiator.

In virginia if the trailer is 3,000 lbs or greater it is required to have trailer brakes, but the trailer can come equipped with brakes on one axle or two axle. I am sure a s-10 truck could pull a trailer that big but it wouldnt have enough braking power you will burn up your brakes on the s-10. Also make sure you have a transmission cooler and heavy duty cooling radiator.
Not to hijack the thread but my S-10 can and has pulled a 5600 lb camp trailer from Seattle to Little Rock AR and back. Only modifications were the installation of a tranny cooler, a receiver, wire harness for the lights and a brake controller. Now, this is what I found on brake requirements:

http://www.karavantrailers.com/brakes/Brakes.xlsx

What color is exterior? Hard to tell from the pictures.
Duke

The color is silver in the front and half of the sides and then it is dark blue in the back and the back half of the side. If you go onto the United trailer website you can see the specs on the trailer. It is listed as a motorcycle trailer on their website.

Thanks

Bill

be careful when the trailer is heavier than the tow vehicle such as hilly or in the mountains the trailer will push the tow vehicle in to a jack knife situation . or in to oncoming traffic. on a s-10 truck I would recommend a weight distributing hitch setup on any trailer over 3500 lbs. also I agree with you a s-10 truck can indeed pull a 5600 lb trailer, those 4.3 litre v-6 engines have good power. rc90boat.

A trailer which size, Dave, his 14ft cargo or my 26ft camp trailer? My truck will handle either one.

Here's a link showing my truck and trailer on it's first road trip, before the equalizer gear was properly adjusted:

https://attachment.outlook.office.net/owa/[email protected]/service.svc/s/GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATczZmYBLTgxYjItZjZmNi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAPiyIsf%2FdGzTZt6gqpfki6CBwBBeWeYZDypQqoMCgNTYaPEAAACAQkAAABBeWeYZDypQqoMCgNTYaPEAAACR%2FMAAAABEgAQAG3TfgP8bxNPnrUxJIS6XFc%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=4yrHTtxHi0SIcq9R_V5s5dBr4eQHc9QYYMd7KpnJ9mxMnm1XQN-gWy5yPxS0aUOFE33vGcXFEcE.&token=a74ab827-06a1-4b81-b828-fb03f4075a53&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Here's what I found about my truck:

Model: 2003 Chevrolet S-10

MPG: 17 city / 22 highway

Horsepower: 180 hp @ 4,400 rpm

Towing capacity: 5,600 lbs

Engine: 4.3 L V6

Curb weight: 3,198 lbs

Wheelbase: 122.9″

Bed length: 73.2″

And, just for giggles, here's a brand new Silverado:

Model: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Dimensions: 230″ L x 80″ W x 74″ H

MSRP: From $31,810

Curb weight: 4,980 to 5,231 lbs

Bed length: 79.2″

Towing capacity: 5,600 to 7,100 lbs

Wheelbase: 143.5″

Configurations

WT 4.3L V6

$31,810

WT 5.3L V8

$33,005

LS 4.3L V6

Now, if you look at the towing capacity, with the V-6, they are dead even. You will also note that the full sized Silverado still weighs less than the camp trailer at it's 5600lb max weight
Since we added one for giggles, for laughs lets add in what I tow the camp trailer with now:

Model: 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe

Towing capacity: 5,200 to 5,500 lbs

MPG: 15 city / 21 highway

Horsepower: 320 hp

Fuel tank capacity: 26 gal

Curb weight: 5,636 to 5,894 lbs

Engine: 5.3 L V8

This one is listed giving it's towing capacity WITHOUT an equalizer system installed. With an equalizer, it can handle 10,000lbs! Kind of funny since they are all rated as half ton rigs

You have exceeded your towing weight limit of towing your camper when you add to the equation a family of 4- 600 lbs, full tank of gas 100lbs, fresh water tank 400lbs generator 100lbs food ice bikes 200 lbs, grey water and black water tanks. When towing trailers it is good to have 1,000 lbs in reserve and not towing the max rating of the truck for safety. Did you know a 2 wheel drive truck can tow more weight than a 4 wheel drive truck.

What color is exterior? Hard to tell from the pictures.
Duke

The color is silver in the front and half of the sides and then it is dark blue in the back and the back half of the side. If you go onto the United trailer website you can see the specs on the trailer. It is listed as a motorcycle trailer on their website.

Thanks

Bill
Thank You.

You have exceeded your towing weight limit of towing your camper when you add to the equation a family of 4- 600 lbs, full tank of gas 100lbs, fresh water tank 400lbs generator 100lbs food ice bikes 200 lbs, grey water and black water tanks. When towing trailers it is good to have 1,000 lbs in reserve and not towing the max rating of the truck for safety. Did you know a 2 wheel drive truck can tow more weight than a 4 wheel drive truck.
Family of two, under 500lbs

Full tank of gas, 111.29 lbs

1/3 tank of water(12 gallons, unless dry camping) 100lbs

No generator, ice or bikes, black and grey tanks empty

Food, clothes and drinks, maybe 100lbs

Empty trailer weight, 4250lbs

Total load on the truck, 5061.5lbs normal, 5261.5 with a full water tank. That leaves me a buffer of 338.5lbs if I use the S-10 to tow it.

Yes, I know a 4WD can't tow as much. The transfer case is the issue. It can't handle the weight and adds weight to the vehicle, the reasons I didn't want 4WD when I bought the truck as well as the Tahoe. Then again, I didn't see the need to have 4WD in the Seattle area as we don't get the snow some parts of the country get

Latest posts

Back