• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for Carl Brey carbs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy Benedict

Looking for a couple of CB carbs for OPS or K&B 45's. OPS carb neck is .550 and the K&B carb neck is .625.

The carb bore I would like to have is from .340 to .425 but I'll consider any size.

Thanks,

Buddy Benedict

You should contact Joe Monohan at 707 Specialties. His Cell number is: 909-838-6158

Tell him that his big brother Carl gave you his number.
default_laugh.png
LOL... Little Joe

He is in California and actually has made some improvements to Carl's original design.

-Carl

You should contact Joe Monohan at 707 Specialties. His Cell number is: 909-838-6158

Tell him that his big brother Carl gave you his number.
default_laugh.png
LOL... Little Joe

He is in California and actually has made some improvements to Carl's original design.

-Carl
is Joe making complete (Carl Brey-style) carbs? Or just mod's?

David,

Joe is making an improved version of that carb. I haven't bought any in years because I have so many of them already. Everything that Joe has machined for me in the past 30 years has been quality workmanship.He has the replacement original 9mm(.354") ID rings and he has an improved 9.5mm(.375") ID ring as well.

You will most likely want the 9.5mm because it is much faster. Give him a call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Have a few cb carbs, needles, and water cooled headers from back in the day. Carl was a class act with great stuff. Those carbs with spray ring were the bomb. I believe I have a spray ring removal tool also. No extra spray rings though.

I Have a few cb carbs, needles, and water cooled headers from back in the day. Carl was a class act with great stuff. Those carbs with spray ring were the bomb. I believe I have a spray ring removal tool also. No extra spray rings though.
Would you like to sell a couple of the carbs?

Buddy

Carl was a class act with great stuff. Those carbs with spray ring were the bomb. I believe I have a spray ring removal tool also. No extra spray rings though.
yes, Carl was a great guy.

Was'nt the spray-ring removal tool essentially a solid "shaft" (brass or aluminum), machined to closely fit the carb ID, which provided the ability to "push" the spray-ring out of the throat?

March2014_CarlBrey_ExhaustThrottle_Picco_P67_Circa1988_02.jpg

CBMarine_JetRingCarb_Picco-P67R_Circa1988_01.jpg

CBMarine_JetRingCarb_Picco-P67R_Circa1988_02.jpg

CBMarine_JetRingCarb_Picco-P67R_Circa1988_03.jpg

Anybody want to sell one of his exhaust throttle ventures for a k/b .45 drum version?

Yes, Paul,

You are a hoarder. Buddy is too! haha!! I have a standard needle and a third channel assy that is Carl Brey . I will look but I don't think I have a carb.

Back