• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

21 Hydro Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Laing

For sale see pictures. Members, I have been out of boating for a couple years due to an accident and have decided to reduce the fleet. I will be having some different items for sale and will be asking you for a fair price. Will answer any questions that I can and send more pictures if needed. Everything is well taken care off and was in great working condition at the time of the accident. Everything has been stored in my warm dry basement. This is a fast little 21, handled well and fun to driver. 20170218_054105.jpg20170218_054459.jpgThanks

With some help from a few old friends on IW, now have a fair price for this hydro. I am asking 700.00 plus shipping costs. I can not remember what hull this is. Not to sound stupid, but bought it from a club member, who if I remember right, had it built for him by a guy in Florida. Somewhere around the work shop I have the setup papers. Sorry, not trying to make a bidding war or anything, just did not know what to ask. For those who don,t know me, I was into the hobby pretty heavy and even brought the NATS to Ohio twice. Thanks for looking.

21 Nova Rossi

3 Different Cowls

Metal Tank

Couple different props from Mark

Some extra parts

20170218_054112.jpg

20170218_054220.jpg

20170218_054200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Price & What Brand of Boat is it. Looks like a RR design?

See the original post. Sorry for any confusion. Roadrunner does not sound right. I will find out for you all.

Mr Gary was the original owner for a short time. You all are correct, it is a roadrunner. Did not want to post it for sure until I was sure.

The burn through on the wood in several places tells me that it's likely not Ralph's work. He very rarely if ever has any burn through, not that it hurts anything....but that's just Ralph.

I'd say by looking at the boom tube collars that it's a Hurricane? Don't know if Sergio ever made any 20 boats, but those collars are what he uses on everything.

Jay

The places you are talking about is were the oil got under the clear coat.

Like Dave said, some of the spots on the tub look more like a little oil under the clear, which isn't a big deal...The boats are wood after all. As for the others, they do look like a little "burn though" from sanding. It doesn't mean Ralph did that though... On my first rigger, I made lots of those spots... That's how you learn to start sanding with finer grit sand paper before sealing.
default_wink.png

Lol. Don't remember it being so tough on here. Times change. FYI, I bought it from a club member maybe 3 months after Ralph built it for him and re-built the whole boat over the winter. The marks are from me sanding it down nice a smooth before I finished it with West Systems. I hated it, but being smooth was more important. And yes it is a Roadrunner.

Not trying to be tough on the guy. They were basic observations and the build of the boat was initially in question.

Life is to short to let little thing upset you. My fault, not touching a boat for over two years and having to many boats, I could not recall who made it. Plus, not the original owner, I needed to find out from the original owner before posting that information.

If there is no real interest, I'll keep it. One thing I do remember, it's fast, handles well, and blast to drive.

Lesson learned by me. The next boat I put on here, will be a 67 jaguar 3 ordered and purchased from Bob by me. Built with all the best stuff and very little run time. I also will find out what a fair price to ask, before I post it.

Thanks everyone for looking.

Latest posts

Back