Nova Rossi vs. CMB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokieboater

Looking for a new power plant for a 45 rigger. Any thoughts on the CMB and/or Nova Rossi? I've heard good things about both but not sure which one to pull the trigger on. Lets post positive feedback and no bashing please.

Personally the Nova .46dd has exceeded my expectations... I'm running it in stock form just set the head clearance and getting SUPERB performance. 3 seasons on it... No need to buy spare parts if you have it set right. The carb barrel will stick on the nova .46 so be careful there, running a KRE carb now and nothing has changed with it on there!

You won't go wrong with either one...the new CMB is just as fast and durable as the nova 46dd. It comes down to preference and setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert,

I have been pretty happy with all my CMB VAC motors from 21's to 45'S. MY RoadRunner with a stock .45 CMB V5 was looking very promising the last time it was out for testing. The other reason is Stu has a whole garage of replacement parts if you break anything on a CMB motor. To me a motor is worthless unless there is replacement parts readily available, its just a matter of time that something will break.

Beau

I was a Novarossi man!(until I started trying to get parts for marine conversions in Australia!!) Then i soon realized the well is dry! Novarossi will never reply to emails! They have ZERO dealer support networks here in Australia! Trying to buy part's from overseas has been a waste of time! Money! And good luck finding them! Then on top of that paying for items NEVER MEANS YOU WILL GET THEM!! this is a newbies opinion so take that with a pinch of salt if i had my time again(and i won't!!) I would buy CMB every time!! I WILL STATE AGAIN THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION and it may only equate to a fart in the wind

Bradley G.Holborrow is Aust dealer Nova Rossi Australia on FB

Robert,

We feel Novarossi manufacturers the only "truly" race ready out of the box line of marine racing engines. Sam said it very well, set the deck clearance for the nitro you are running, and spend the rest of your time on setup and pipe/pipe length. The engine is done. Tuned/slugged crank and correct marine timing numbers right out of the box. I hope you are doing well. If I can help you let me know. Thanks.

I won a national championship and Indy masters with my cmb v5 this year. There were almost 30 d hydros in Indy. You will not go wrong with cmb

I won a national championship and Indy masters with my cmb v5 this year. There were almost 30 d hydros in Indy. You will not go wrong with cmb
But what do I know, haven't been to a race in a while.
Elias,You are still spot on. There were several National Championships at this same race that had Novarossi power. Just between John Otto, Mike Brevoort, and myself, we had 5 National Championships using Novarossi power, and there were many others. Its about consistancy and reliability with the engine. The main factors in winning are setup, driving, and luck anyway.

But what do I know, haven't been to a race in a while.
Elias,

You are still spot on. There were several National Championships at this same race that had Novarossi power. Just between John Otto, Mike Brevoort, and myself, we had 5 National Championships using Novarossi power, and there were many others. Its about consistancy and reliability with the engine. The main factors in winning are setup, driving, and luck anyway.

Ron,

" The main factors in winning are setup, driving, and luck anyway" This is absolutely a true statement, you said it best

Beau

Back