Solid Booms for a 45 Eagle- 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Fields

Hi All,

I'm currently renovating a 2014 version of Andy's Eagle, and have ordered a set of sponsons and booms from him. When I'm done I'll share you all the before and after pictures, but whilst I'm waiting I wanted to see if anyone could let me know the size of solid carbon booms that he uses, and the spacing from the tub.

What would be great is if someone has some original setup up instructions that they could email me?
default_smile.png

Marty

Hi Martin

The solid carbon fiber tubes are 5/16. What measurements are you looking for on spacing? Distance from from front to rear is 7 - 15/16

Garett

I don't suppose that you also have the AoA that Andy recommended for the front and rear sponsons?

Marty

Martin

Place one shim under the front right boom tube. Remove the turn Fin and rudder blade and place the boat on a flat table. Place a level on the top of the tub and adjust the strut down until the tub is level. This should be a good starting point with minor adjustments based on your prop selection.

Garett

Martin

Place one shim under the front right boom tube. Remove the turn Fin and rudder blade and place the boat on a flat table. Place a level on the top of the tub and adjust the strut down until the tub is level. This should be a good starting point with minor adjustments based on your prop selection.

Garett
Hi Garett,

If only it was that easy
default_smile.png

The problem is that due to how the boat was finished, I've had to remove the blocks from under the sponson tubes. So I'm having to go about things in a slightly different way. If I know the AoA then I can set the tub and sponsons up on a setup board. Once in the right place I can then fit a new set of blocks.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Marty

-when I get it all finished I'll share some before and after pictures

Martin,

Yes it makes perfect sense. I didn't know you had the boom blocks removed. Have you tied emailing Andy?

Hi Martin. I can give you the original boom block thickness measurements if that will help. Or if you set it up with the left sponson top deck level and the right sponson top deck about 1/16 up, that will give you a real good starting point

Hi Martin. I can give you the original boom block thickness measurements if that will help. Or if you set it up with the left sponson top deck level and the right sponson top deck about 1/16 up, that will give you a real good starting point
Hi Rich,

If you could get the block thickness for me that would be great. When you have yours on a setup board, is the tub level from front to back or is there a little nose down rake?

Marty

Hi Marty. The front boom block is 1/16" and the rear is 1/8"

Basically the booms will rest on the boom block when installed threw the holes in the tub, and then you will shim from their depending on prop and water conditions. Normally my tub top is level. Hope this helps.

Eagles are very easy to set up.

You will need a digital level to make it easy.

The top of the tub needs to be level that is the starting point.

Put a piece of plexiglass that you use for the radio box lid under the rear sponson about .100

Now level the top of the tub.

Then put your boom tubes in the tub put the sponsons on and start with the top of the sponsons at 0 deg with the level on top of them.

This will show you how much of a block you will need to get started.

Then shim from there to get your desired setup.

I like about 1 deg down in the front of the sponson tops and the strut on the table with about 2 deg angle to it with the tub level.

Then about 1/16 in on the boom tube measurement to the tub on the front of the right sponson. This will help it track strait.

The hight of the rear sponsons is not critical. but the tub level and the top angle of the front sponson is.

The strut set up and type of prop will control the rear ride height of the boat.

Eagles are very easy to set up.

You will need a digital level to make it easy.

The top of the tub needs to be level that is the starting point.

Put a piece of plexiglass that you use for the radio box lid under the rear sponson about .100

Now level the top of the tub.

Then put your boom tubes in the tub put the sponsons on and start with the top of the sponsons at 0 deg with the level on top of them.

This will show you how much of a block you will need to get started.

Then shim from there to get your desired setup.

I like about 1 deg down in the front of the sponson tops and the strut on the table with about 2 deg angle to it with the tub level.

Then about 1/16 in on the boom tube measurement to the tub on the front of the right sponson. This will help it track strait.

The hight of the rear sponsons is not critical. but the tub level and the top angle of the front sponson is.

The strut set up and type of prop will control the rear ride height of the boat.
Thanks once again David
default_smile.png

Back