New D O/B Record at Huntsville and Super Fast Stock in B Sport

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wittrig

Seismic Racing co-founder Jimmy Johnson takes the CA Aftershock hull to Huntsville, Alabama, and breaks the 19 year old IMPBA D O/B tunnel world record, previously held by legendary model tunnel boater Tommy Lee, with a two way average of 75.719 mph. The fastest nitro tunnel boat in the world now owns both the NAMBA and IMPBA records. More speed will come. Been chasing this record for a little while and it's awesome to now have it behind us!

In brief periods when the water laid down during the middle of the day, Jimmy brought out his dad's Vision Gen 2 with a NAMBA legal box stock OS 21 and, with a little tweaking and a borrowed prop, made a down wind pass of 3.79 seconds or 59.3 mph. That's 1.3 mph off the two way B Sport average with a completely stock engine.

Looks like better water for a longer duration on Sunday. The D O/B went just under 78 one way in the afternoon. Could be a sign of more to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Seismic Racing on your accomplishments. I have seen Jimmy with one way passes many times that were new records but for whatever reasons they could not be backed up. Great job Jimmy!!!!

Awesome > I for one am impressed > Shawn make's the best tunnel I have ever ran,

Got~a~Love a Vision Tunnel's

Congrats on the record. Glad to see you guys out in the pond again. You guys always have fast tunnel boats.

Julian

Congratulations guys!

Proof of how strong that record was set by Tommy over 19 years ago to just nudge it by 1/2 mph...
default_happy.png

Nice job guys! That's a real accomplishment. Hope we see you back at some heat races.

Mic

Fellas,

19 years is a long time for a record to stand in model boating.

Nice Job,

Mark Sholund

Great Job Jimmy. I have seen your boat make passes faster than that so if the weather

gets right today, you should shave some more time off that. I was there when Tommy set

that record and it took him many runs to set that time.

75+mph with any O/B tunnel is very impressive. Congrats to you Jimmy!

-Carl

Congratulations guys!

Proof of how strong that record was set by Tommy over 19 years ago to just nudge it by 1/2 mph...
default_happy.png
And with a .......... K&B......
And...Keeley Turbo Head...
default_smile.png

Goes to show how good Tommy's design and building is!

Terry,

Terry,

You are right....I forgot about the Turbo head....7.5 K&B's really liked Turbo heads...

That K&B 7.5 OB was dead stock and untouched with a Dremel....

All the motor had was a great P/S fit , turbo head and a sharpened trued and straightened lower unit skeg...

It also had a special prop bearing assembly....

Rod

Back