Lets talk outboard drives!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffmaturo

Here are the four that I am aware of:

• OS
  • K&B
  • Lawless
  • Hyperperformance

Here is my question, those of you that have run lawless, do you find that the metal is more flexible than the K&B? Is cost a factor in anyone's decision?

Anyone try the Hyperperformance?

I just met with the head of the machining technology department at Savannah Tech. I am working with them on two lower units.

The first will be a 3D printed plastic unit with an OS propshaft. It will include an adjustable mount

The other

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The other unit will be designed to handle the power of the new bigblocks. Features will include 1/4" flex cable wth optional 1/4" and 3/16" propshafts, adjustable mount and aluminum construction

I have several changes in mind.I also plan to offer the programming for free to anyone wanting to make their own

I have several changes in mind.I also plan to offer the programming for free to anyone wanting to make their own
This is great news, thank you Bob. I am very interested!

Good topic, Jeff. Lately with all of the various talking points, I've been getting really interested in thinking about an 11cc outboard. Man, that would make open tunnel really fun.

-Joey

thanks jeffmaturo for bringing this up

i ended up with a Hyperformance 3.5 Bullet Drive this summer

i have not tried it

is it some thing to try ?

any one know any thing about it ? please tell

Marty

thanks jeffmaturo for bringing this up

i ended up with a Hyperformance 3.5 Bullet Drive this summer

i have not tried it

is it some thing to try ?

any one know any thing about it ? please tell

Marty
I am anxious to hear as well since Marty is the only person I know that has one..........

One of my racing buddy Brian Buass stated he felt the bullet drive handled better then the OS lower.

I suspect you will like it

Grim

In testing a 7.5 Bullet drive a number of years ago I felt it did not handle well with positive trim. I can't give comprehensive feedback as the base plate casting broke off completely and I nearly lost a good powerhead. Could have been a casting flaw but I wouldn't risk another motor after that.

I feel the OS design is the best unit made, period. For a .45 I still like K&B. I have always tried the latest fad but as time goes on I am learning to let others buy and test before I add to my pile of junk that looked good and didn't work. That's why this is a good discussion. Learn from more than one opinion and then make yours.

Mic

Mic, you are spot on. The new K&B lowers from Joe Monohan will really help our larger engine block classes.

Jeff, I run the lawless 7.5 lowers and I prefer them over the K&B. I have seen skegs snap off both lowers so there isn't too much difference there as most K&B lowers have the skeg cut down and thinned by users. Here in oz there are fast boats using both lowers. I have always wondered why some prefer the K&B lower and would love to hear the pros and cons of each lower. I think the lawless looks faster
default_smile.png

Cheers

Dion

Dion,

I agree I think the lawless units are works of art, just beautifully made. Does the lawless use the K&B flex and prop shaft?

Dion,

I agree I think the lawless units are works of art, just beautifully made. Does the lawless use the K&B flex and prop shaft?
Not sure. I'm running the hyperformance prop shaft and Fred's shafts (lawless) with the teflon tube in my 7.5 lawless.

-Joey

Latest posts

Back