Important! - NAMBA VOTING RULE CHANGES PROPOSAL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Santistevan

Shortly NAMBA members will be asked to vote on a new RULE CHANGE PROPOSAL on the future of voting in NAMBA. The new rule would require that all voting be done online using the new MEMBERSHIP PORTAL and eliminating antiquated paper ballots which are subject to errors.

The current paper ballots have a number of problems that we hope to solve using the new NAMBA Membership Portal. Just a few of the problems include transcription errors, postal submission timing issues and most importantly the ability for a group of individuals to greatly influence the vote and most importantly small participation by the membership at large. Online voting will make voting much easier.

The NAMBA voting process has always had the upmost integrity and thanks to Al Waters who monitors it like a "nun-with-a-yardstick" to keep it that way. However the method itself is flawed and so we need to take advantage of new tools that will help us keep the highest standards for voting.

The NAMBA Membership Portal offers the following benefits;

• All voting results a secret and encrypted until the election closes.
• Results are available immediately upon the close of voting.
• You can change your vote any anytime up till the close of voting
• The ability to see videos of candidate that allow them to talk about themselves and what they want to do.
• The ability to have supporting documents and videos for both the PRO and CON position of rule changes
• It absolutely insures that ONE MEMBER ONE VOTE and that a member is current and in good standing.

There will be great voter participation as voting will become very simple, just a few clicks and you are done!

At this time almost everyone has access to a computer but I realize that there are still a few "I-am-not-touching-that-****-thing" folks out there. If that is the case Al Waters and myself will help you. While we will not cast your vote for you, you can ask a family member or friend to do that and we will walk them through the process to do it. IT IS SO EASY, EVEN YOUR PARENTS CAN DO IT!

http://member.namba.com

#nambaneedsyourvote

Last edited by a moderator:
David for the few of our members that are not computer savvy or maybe not even have a computer, can they still get paper Ballots to vote? I think this is a great idea for the majority of the membership. Just want to make sure we are taking care of all of our membership. Great job on putting this together.

Unfortunately No, paper ballots will go away but that is why we are going to make sure that everyone can still vote. Everyone has family member or friends who can help those few who don't have access to computers. This is a very very small group and we will make sure they get their voices hear.

Thanks for the clarification David. Wonderful job on the website and adding all of these additional features.

David

That is a pretty cavalier attitude toward the paper ballots. Obviously I have a computer but still have problems manipulating the portal.

Bill Hoch

NAMBA 962 since 1975

Hello Everyone,

One thing I would like for everyone to keep in mind is that you have not seen the proposal yet other than the submitting NAMBA District 20. The NAMBA Propwash newsletter is at the printer and currently being distributed to the mailing house. It will also be available in color, later next week on the NAMBA web site. NAMBA voting will be available on the Membership Portal as has been in the past and through directions followed on the paper ballot.

Here is something that needs to be considered. The writing of the proposal is about online voting. However, you must read the entire proposal. You need to determine if you agree with all of its content. If you do, then you would vote yes. If there is something that makes you want to say, I agree but it would better if they changed that little part, then you would vote no. It's all or nothing.

You are probably wondering what in the heck am I talking about? My comments can be addressed next week after you have read the proposal. All I ask is that you keep an open mind until you read the proposal.

Thanks,
Al Waters
NAMBA Executive Secretary

Bill,

No worries, Al and I will gladly help with any problems you have. Just let us know and we help you out.

thanks for your input.

D

Voting will begin on this starting next week. The rule is simple, don't get distracted. The rule change will impact voting for officers for now and not rule changes and it simply says that you have to submit your votes online for elections. If this works out well the we will probably do the same thing for rule change proposals. If this passes all voting for elections will be online and voting for rule changes will still be either paper or online.

When the vote is open, the membership portal will send the primary member of your account an email tell you it's time to vote! In that email will be an link that will take you straight to your voting panel. Nothing could be easier. Once you vote a receipt of your vote is emailed to you, this is your record of voting and it serves as a security measure to let you know your account was used to vote. This system is very secure!

D

One of the things that will need to happen if we move to online voting is that if you have your membership under someone else's primary membership record and you do not want them to be able to see your vote or vote on your behalf, we will need move your membership to it's own primary record. That is something Al and I will do for you.

We have a few who have their memberships under another person's primary account record for ease of administration but this is something we will be working to handle and solve.

Voting is going incredibly well. We have more than double to total number of people who typically vote in just the first 20 hours of voting.

For anyone who has voted online I would like to hear your feedback on the process.

Thanks,

Dave

For anyone who has voted online I would like to hear your feedback on the process.

Thanks,

Dave
Got and E-mail, clicked on Vote Here. Came up as me and click, click, Submit. Done.
default_cool.png

Back