whats it worth? :-)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Hey guys, a friend is trying to buy a what looks to be a first gen seaducer 40 mono with all the hardware and a k&b .45. Supposedly everything is new but old. All the hardware is there and so is the radio box. I'm not sure of the motors condition, but lets say the motor is still good. What would it be worth? I was thinking around the 200-250 range. Any ideas?

Carl, if its an older subsurface drive boat and the bottom is unmolested- hardware and radio box all there- 150/200 range would be okay. The older subsurface boats still run well , esp with a new 45,

just slam the strut as close to the keel as you can get it and let it eat. You would prob be better served investing in newer power as your gonna spend money freshening up the k/b anyway.

Just my .02 - Hope that helps.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
IThanks for the reply Andy. Thats kinda what i was thinking . I figured we could get it going for him until the motor gives up and then find a newer mill. This would be his first real rc boat besides a few wind boats. It does look like a surface drive from the pics though.

Surface drive would indicate a little newer boat than once thought - bonus

Post a pic if you can. If you can get the old kaboom running enough for him to decide if its for him or not = double bonus.
default_wink.png

40 Mono with a Seaducer is a Great place to start imho .

Eric, ya that was the first thing i noticed too. lol the intake looks different than stock. figured the guy worked on it .

Are the original 40 seaducer any good setup in surface drive? I've recently picked up a new boat and fancy giving it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the original 40 seaducer any good setup in surface drive? I've recently picked up a new boat and fancy giving it a go.

Are you referring

to making a sub surface drive boat surface drive ?

From what my febel mind remembers, the sub surface drive boats are referred to as the original boats- correct me if Im wrong Jerry,

That said, the Sub Surface drive boats still work Extremely well when properly set up with modern power. A tick more of a drivers boat ( half the fun imho ) but run just as well.

If your considering making a sub surface boat / surface drive- dont. Buy a surface drive hull
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The boat is brand new and never drilled, it looks the same as the seaducer above

Back