Roadrunner Twin 45 Extreme

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianconde

Here's one of Ralph's new twin that's just about finished after a few months of getting the Kit. It's powered by CMB 45 VAC worked by Scott Bouchie ( billet Pistons, balanced crank, brass head buttons and blue printed intakes). Also with the addition to some zoom carbs. Needle valves are BVM with 3rd Ch.

speedmaster hardware, in the radio box hitec 225 for throttle and 3rd ch. speedmaster aluminum control arms for the bell cranks, with ball link setup and a titanium rod for the steering servo. Walt Barney tanks 12.5 oz each ( hope that's enough).

This boat weights without turn fin, batteries, receiver No fuel and rudder right at 9.1 LBS this should be a very fast little twin. I just have to put the turn fun and rudder in place for those wondering why there not in the pictures.

Thanks to the following friends that helped to get this boat ready.

Ralph for building me this awesome little Twin and getting it to me in a timely matter.

Jose F Cid for sealing, clear coating and painting plus setting up the servo blocks and bell crank

David Wilfong for rigging the radio box complete and aligning the motors perfect.

Scott Bouchie for the complete engine work.

Mark Sholund for the 4 sets of props including the game changers ;-)

Charles Perdue for those awesome Zoom Gen III Carbs

This boat will be in the water very very soon. Just have to run the water lines and fuel lines, put batteries and receivers.

The only thing I'm missing is the antenna mounts.

Now this boat is setup to run Twin 21 engines or 45 engines. I decided to go with the bigger engines but it can accommodate both setups.

Ralph and I will go thru the twin and make sure everything is tighten up setup properly and ready for the water.

I have attached all the pictures from when I first got it to the finished product.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Julian,

May need a little more fuel for the 45's?

It sure turned out nice. I have some testing information

to share with you before you go out and get her wet.
default_smile.png

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Thanks guys. A group effort between model boaters to get this puppy ready for the water. That's one thing I like about the hobby.

Julian,

congrats on such a nice looking twin. It was a pleasure working on it for you the best of luck with the boat and send me some video of the action on the lake.

Thanks,

Jose

Julian,

congrats on such a nice looking twin. It was a pleasure working on it for you the best of luck with the boat and send me some video of the action on the lake.

Thanks,

Jose
You did a great job with the paint, sealing and clear coat. It's perfect.

Julian

Looks great man! Waiting on the video. Are you going to race with it or fun run . It would be super cool to have a all 45 twin class . Good luck Pass ya later Charlie

Looks great man! Waiting on the video. Are you going to race with it or fun run . It would be super cool to have a all 45 twin class . Good luck Pass ya later Charlie
I will post a video on this thread once I get the boat in the water and break in the engines. It came out very nice would be fun to round up all the twin 45 in once race in the future. It will be raced for sure.
Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Back