Neon Paint

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBryon

What kind of paint to us for neon colors. I checked on a quart of house of colors and that cost a lot.

Thanks

BigBryon

House of colors is the best of the paints in neon . Alternative is neon stincels also its lighter wieght.

I used this neon red from Ace hardware, it sprays to a flat finish the I used some urethane clearcoat over it. They have green, yellow, orange, red neon spray.

DSC04694 (1280x721).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As an alternative you can try to find some pigment, Dayglo "GT" is what I used in the past with good success.

http://www.dayglo.com/world_of_color/technical_bulletins/pigments

You need to spray white first, then colour, then topcoat with a good UV protectant clear.

I used to get "sample" bottles free from a distributor.
default_smile.png

I will say ya gotta use white primer.... grey primer makes the neon orange turn to brown.

Sorry I forgot to tell you the same thing ,white base first for best result but you can use other colors for different effects. Pearl white is a good one .

sculpt.com.

they have the neon powder,2 ounces for 7 bucks. mix it with klasskot clear,shoot over klasskote white,or klasskote white primer. my method for 15 years

Back