• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Fine Scale 1/8 FE Hydroplane

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisHamaway

Greetings and thrilled to now be part of I/W...

For the past six months I have been searching for a fine fiberglass 1/8 scale FE hydroplane... Looking for something built by a craftsman and would be considered a top-shelf model... would prefer something that runs on 8S but could go to 10S if needed...

Not looking for the fastest thing on the lake, but something beautiful and scale...

Email is [email protected] if you want to send private or photos...

Would appreciate any leads or thoughts!

THANKS!!!

Chris

Tyler, are you saying "sticker shock" isn't a normal part of R/C boating?
default_wink.png

TG,

Many thanks... I have been posting on OSE for some time... and the folks there were the ones who pointed me to I/W.... and yes, prepared for sticker shock...

But my logic says quality and craftsmanship are unfortunately fading priorities to people, so happy to compensate for the right end result...

Hope that all makes sense...

Chris

Chris,

I will alert my buddy to see if he is interested. If you can pry a FE 1/8 scale out of Don Ferrette, you would be pretty well off. He has some very nice boats.

TG

True, but even nitro powered scales aren't cheap. When you look at the cost of an engine alone, to some it can be hard to justify the cost of racing

Many thanks all for the input... I have reached out to Don... His stuff looks incredible...

Let me know if anyone surfaces other ideas!

Chris

Just a refresh to this post...

Still hunting... after review would love something in the 1990+ modern era... hopefully with season winding down someone will be willing to part ;-)

Chris,

I might be willing to sell my 1/8 scale Circus Circus. It is a modified Dumas kit (hollowed out the frames to reduce weight) with an HET 700-98 840kv motor, Swordfish 240A ESC, Accutech skid fin, and Speedmaster hardware. Let me know if you have any interest.

Thanks,

Chris

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back