3S 20" "Kneeler" Hydroplanes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
I saw these outboard engines on the Hobby King website and had to have one or two. They are 3000 Kv and with a 3S Lipo are probably pushing the 20" WOF boats close to 40. The prop is a metal X432 copy(imagine that
default_wink.png
). I now have 3 of these "Kneelers" RTR at our club events. JD's Rent a Kneeler.

JD

Do you have a link to the motors JD , I looked all over HK website but didnt see them.

Thanks,

Do you have a link to the motors JD , I looked all over HK website but didnt see them.

Thanks,
The product number is: 194000006

I've found this one to be better than the one that has "MERC" on the cowling. This unit has more power, 3000Kv compared to 2650 Kv, a water pickup on the cav plate, and a better flex drive set up.

JD

Hi Jerry

Great looking boat I'm sure they must be a blast to run. Do you have plans that a available.

Thanks,
Quantity Stock Product description Price Weight OK 232000023-0 - CNC Aluminum Outboard Style Boat Drive w.. $70.27 423 TOTAL: $70.27 423g
This not the unit I recommend. It does look really cool, but the bend for the flex cable drive is too sharp, the motor mount has too be modified, and it is not as powerful.

JD
What you recommend? Boris

Thanks,
Quantity Stock Product description Price Weight OK 232000023-0 - CNC Aluminum Outboard Style Boat Drive w.. $70.27 423 TOTAL: $70.27 423g
This not the unit I recommend. It does look really cool, but the bend for the flex cable drive is too sharp, the motor mount has too be modified, and it is not as powerful.

JD
What you recommend? Boris
I recommend the one with the product number in post #5.

JD

JD I see some complaints on getting spare flex shafts on line. Have you picked up any spares and if so your source please.

JD I see some complaints on getting spare flex shafts on line. Have you picked up any spares and if so your source please.
I have tried making flex shafts for for the "MERC" version and need to improve my soldering skill for attaching the the stub shaft to the flex shaft.

I have not had an issue breaking a flex shaft(Yet) with motor I recommend in post #5. I can also make flex shaft for this motor.

JD

Any plans available for the kneelers JD ?

I want to build or buy one to small pond play with . Makes tossing a fun boat to run into a smaller pond VERY easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any plans available for the kneelers JD ?

I want to build or buy one to small pond play with . Makes tossing a fun boat to run into a smaller pond VERY easy.
I will start working on plans next week. BTW - I ran the "MERC" version today with a flex cable drive I soldered up. It held up for the 4 minutes I ran the boat.

JD

Jerry--If you've never been there you need to check out the 152vo website from Germany The fellows there have taken up building and racing 1/5.2 scale OB racers from the 40s and 50s here in the states. I ordered and built the first SwizerCraft Baby Bullet kit sent to the USA. Dave Richardson(RPM Rod fame) and Rod Geraghty have also been into these models recently. I have a YouTube video at g ray hamby of my BB running and hopefully can get some interest in a new fun class for us oldtimers to enjoy. grayddsView attachment 69604
View attachment 69603
View attachment 66417

Jerry--If you've never been there you need to check out the 152vo website from Germany The fellows there have taken up building and racing 1/5.2 scale OB racers from the 40s and 50s here in the states. I ordered and built the first SwizerCraft Baby Bullet kit sent to the USA. Dave Richardson(RPM Rod fame) and Rod Geraghty have also been into these models recently. I have a YouTube video at g ray hamby of my BB running and hopefully can get some interest in a new fun class for us oldtimers to enjoy. graydds
I have seen the website from Germany. Amazing detail. Rod has sent me pictures of his boats/engines. I'm looking forward to racing my boats on Saturday, March 5.

JD

Back