What's everyone working on for 2016

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradley Maglinger

Anyone got anything new they are working on or brining back to life this winter? Show us what ya got!

Last edited by a moderator:
73 Pak, 85 Executone, 2009 Oberto and, hopefully a new hull for my 2000 Elam. Might also have a gas 78 Madison if all goes well

Finishing up my gas scale. I am working on beating you in sport20 hydro in 16.
Not gonna take much at all for anyone to beat me. However it's all or nothing this year
default_smile.png

Twin 80s pic 1.jpgTwin 80s pic 2.jpg

New for 2016

Pair of CMB 80's for the twin (replacing the 67's)

I want to do a little better at the 2016 Nitro Nationals with the twin than I did at the last one in 2014.

I was second.

Like anyone has a chance to beat Stu. LOL

Crazy FUN.

73 Pak, 85 Executone, 2009 Oberto and, hopefully a new hull for my 2000 Elam. Might also have a gas 78 Madison if all goes well
hj,

are you going to enlarge the '78 madison plans to gas scale specs or just the well for a stock zenoah ?

what about the cowl ?

dave w.

I've gotten the plans blown up to gas scale size and, using measurements from the full sized boat, am in the process of redrawing them to make them more accurate. As for a cowl, with the exception of two races in 1973 and testing, this Pak hull never ran with one. When running with the Madison team, the twin turbo intake system precluded the use of one due to the height on the velocity stacks and plenums so a cowl really can't be used. I have taken measurements off of the cockpit and wing so they will be accurate as well. What surprised me is that the wing is, at it's largest point, only 4" thick!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you look at the wing on many scales, they look out of proportion to the rest of the boat but, with a wing that's 4", it works out to .6" thick on a gas scale
default_ohmy.png

I've gotten the plans blown up to gas scale size and, using measurements from the full sized boat, am in the process of redrawing them to make them more accurate. As for a cowl, with the exception of two races in 1973 and testing, this Pak hull never ran with one. When running with the Madison team, the twin turbo intake system precluded the use of one due to the height on the velocity stacks and plenums so a cowl really can't be used. I have taken measurements off of the cockpit and wing so they will be accurate as well. What surprised me is that the wing is, at it's largest point, only 4" thick!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you look at the wing on many scales, they look out of proportion to the rest of the boat but, with a wing that's 4", it works out to .6" thick
mark,

'78 madison is a great looking boat. i see what you mean about the turbo plumbing.

are the front and rear gas scale sized cowls available ?

are you using the ML gas scale 108 framing kit ?

please post your progress.

dave w.

108-w.jpg

Everything will be built from scratch, no kits. I don't know of anyone that makes the nose cowl or cockpit for this boat. Since I have all the measurements, it won't take much to make the cowl from plywood, considering the cockpit and nose cowl on the boat are just welded aluminum plate

Awesome, about how long have you been working on the 73 PAK should be about finished and racing this year right?

New and improved open Tunnel.
Im ready to see some 70mph passes with it!

phil thomas ss21 restoration

attachicon.gif
DSCF9274.JPG

YOUNGBLOOD 40 mono restoration

attachicon.gif
DSCF9108.JPG
Keep up the good work!!

Great looking boats my friend!

Latest posts

Back