Super thin titanium rudder blades.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry,

Looks nice, what are you going to program it for?

Interesting Project For Sure,

Mark Sholund

Hi Terry..

Are you going to put that on the Clausing?

Have a Merry Christmas!

Steve Ball

Going to fit it to my "new" Super 11 lathe to peck drill the hole in Ti rudder blades.

The plate bolts on the back where the optional milling attachment goes. When I'm done with it I can have my manual machine back.

More to come!
default_smile.png

uni610.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry

Your lathe is so clean do you ever use it.LOL A clean machine is not making any money.

I would post a picture of my lathe, but it is old enough to be a classic antique and has chips in the paint and in the drip pan. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Terry. JB

I would post a picture of my lathe, but it is old enough to be a classic antique and has chips in the paint and in the drip pan. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Terry. JB
Hey Jerry, if you remember mine is one Kathy's dad went right to Southbend and picked up in 1934, a nice 9 inch bench mount and every accessory. Terry's right, the old stuff is much better.

Thanks, John

If/when you go full CNC, you may find programming/CAD/CAM displacing-replacing your boating hobby. Hmm I see an EDM power supply and stepper controller in your future.

My son Mike will inherit the "classic antique". However it will not happen until I am in a nursing home or gone. Ha Ha!!!! There is no way I am not going to be around to move this pre WWII cast iron anchor out of the basement. By the way. I bought this lathe from John Bridge II. It was his dads. Half near killed myself moving it from John's place into my basement. I rebuilt a big portion of it. Between John Bridge and I, it has made a lot of boat parts. It is high tech enough to even chase threads. Imagine that!!!!!!!!! JB

Terry ... I see a wrinkle in the vapour barrier behind the lathe. Doesn't that bother you!!! Lol.
lol!

My son Mike will inherit the "classic antique". However it will not happen until I am in a nursing home or gone. Ha Ha!!!! There is no way I am not going to be around to move this pre WWII cast iron anchor out of the basement. By the way. I bought this lathe from John Bridge II. It was his dads. Half near killed myself moving it from John's place into my basement. I rebuilt a big portion of it. Between John Bridge and I, it has made a lot of boat parts. It is high tech enough to even chase threads. Imagine that!!!!!!!!! JB
Now you really got me curious, whatchagot there???

If/when you go full CNC, you may find programming/CAD/CAM displacing-replacing your boating hobby. Hmm I see an EDM power supply and stepper controller in your future.
You never know, wouldn't be that hard to add another axis down the road. My toolmaker buddy (another Rudy BTW) converted his lathe to full CNC a few years ago, even added a 3rd axis. He built this V8 from plans and is currently working on an inline 4 cylinder for his Chris Craft...

Latest posts

Back