Detriot Scale racing?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojoinotown

Jerry Schoenith has been following my 1983 Renault build and has asked if there is any scale rc racing close to Detroit? What a better place to find him the answer.

You going to have that French hydroplane ready for this Saturday?
default_smile.png

Joey,

NAMBA D2 had nothing listed and no website. I couldn't get into the IMPBA site here at work. You might try there as there has to be something. Better still, check with Ron Olsen or Mark Sholund since they both live in Michigan and would probably know as well.

After posting this, I went and checked the map and found that Ray Barnes, Joe Wiebelhaus and Tom Kelly are all in the area as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think so. The white just went on tonight and hopefully thursday she gets her colors and graphics. I may be there possibly as spectator and or help.

Do the Transom Twisters still run? I thought that was the Impba club in that area. I raced up there, but I have not been there in quite a while. Tom Kelly would be the best person I can think of to answer this. Or maybe Joe Wieblehouse. Man, I am sure I just butchered his last name. Hope this helps.

Ken

Joey,

Here is a copy for District II of the IMPBA. The dates, locations and sponsoring club.

May 2-3...F.A.S.T. Need For Speed Time Trials...Flint, MI

May 30-31...Driftwood Club...Summer Challenge...Celina, OH

June 7...Oakland Wolverines...Mini Gold Cup...Burton, MI

June 20...Motor City Club...Power Stroke Classic...Carlton, MI (Saturday Race)

July 11...Dayton Club...2015 R/C Challenge...Dayton, OH (Saturday Race)

July 25...Cinci Club...Lee Rains Invitational...Cincinnati, OH (Saturday Race)

Aug 9...Transom Twisters...Hydro Fest...Burton, MI

August 23…Saginaw Club…Saginaw Bay Classic…Saginaw, MI

August 29-30...Southern Ontario Club...Northern Nats...Tilbury, ONT

Sept 20... Oakland Wolverines... District 2 Challenge...Rochester Hills, MI

Oct 3-4...F.A.S.T. Need For Speed Time Trials...Flint MI

1/8th Scales , and Sport 40 will run all these races. Some will have Sport 20 also.

Regards,

Bert Dygert

4 of the races here are close to the Detroit area. Oakland / Wolverine, Motor City and Transom Twister races.

The 1/8 Scale is our largest class in D2 and very competitive with some of the fastest scales in the Country. D2 boats won the IMPBA nationals and Hydro Masters last year.

If he needs some more info, you can give him my e-mail. [email protected]

1/8th scale was the best and most exciting heat racing at our event last year. Looking forward to it again this year! Lots of pics on our website www.motorcitymodelboatclub.us

You can contact me at [email protected]

I almost got sucked into another 10th scale last night Todd. Peters and May. Good thing I wasn't watching my texts. It was a close call. haha

There are some FE 1/8 scales in the D but not much racing of them yet. We'll get them on the water for the Michigan Cup for sure.

Jerry Schoenith has been following my 1983 Renault build and has asked if there is any scale rc racing close to Detroit? What a better place to find him the answer.
Bert already posted the schedule, but there are also a few of us who do some fun run/testing on Belle Isle on weekends. Now that it's a state park the administration has been a lot more accommodating to us. the city of Detroit wasn't exactly predictable.

So I'm new to International waters but not to FE racing. I race with MMEU and here is a photo of my Renault 1/10th scale running in Phoenix in Feburary of this year. Hopefully we will get enough 1/10th scales out to club races to run this classRenault2.jpg

Last edited:
Back