2015 New Design SGX Twin " Big Engines"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLAN YUEN

I got one from Andy Brown and Look " Heavy Duty" Tub better than old style
default_wink.png
He made special custom hardware

I am working on install tub radio box for servos and will paint yellow for cowl and front sponson

IMG-20141111-01173.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Allan good to see you with new style eagle. I just got the new style sponsons for mine can't wait to see your's finished it's going to bbe very competitive .

Pass ya later Charlie

Looks good Allan.

Charles, what is different on the new design of the sponsons?
Paul they are a little longer and on my new ones I'm running a larger turn fin . Some of the other new sponsons are longer and narrow to handle rough water better in larger boat heat racing.2015-02-17 11.47.33.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch out for the cement blocks in Calgary!!! The bullrushes are softer in Edmonton and I can speak with experience on that!!! Are you going for double bent motors??? No matter what it"s going to be expensive!! We will see you in Red Deer in March for meeting.

Brad

Hey Allan good to see you with new style eagle. I just got the new style sponsons for mine can't wait to see your's finished it's going to bbe very competitive .

Pass ya later Charlie
so you're installing new-generation sponsons on your older SGX fuselage?
That's right David up dates and upgrades. After running at the fall Nats in Charleston I killed one of my sponsons and asked Andy and John Brown to update my and poof they showed up at my door step looking like a million bucks.

Cut trim 2 holes on cowl for water jacket heads and put decal logo " Face Eagle with USA Flag"
default_wub.png

i can't tell from the pic

are them struts brass that is soldiered to a alum uprights?
Stainless steel strut blade is inserted into a deep milled slot in the brass shaft tube with high temp Silver solder. The same solder we use for making flex shafts.

Dowling Park-20141126-01193.jpg

Dowling Park-20141126-01196.jpg

i can't tell from the pic

are them struts brass that is soldiered to a alum uprights?
Stainless steel strut blade is inserted into a deep milled slot in the brass shaft tube with high temp Silver solder. The same solder we use for making flex shafts.

Latest posts

Back