Grand Prix Classic: World Challenge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you like an event where just about anything goes? Would like an event where you get as much racing as you can possibly stand? Would you like a race with full 6 or 7 boat heats and 100 competitors in the same class? Well if you like racing and challenges don't scare you away the Grand Prix Classic: World Challenge might just be for you.

Yes... World Challenge. We changed the format of the Grand Prix Classic so as not to exclude anyone. I'd like to invite as many of you as possible form across the nation and across the pond. I want to see the best of the best, the fastest of the fastest and the wildest of the wildest. All in the name of fun and excitement of RC boating.

On the Weekend of February 28th and March 1st the 2015 Site for the NAMBA Nationals will host the Grand Prix Classic: World Challenge.

We invite all of you who love to race to join us at the Lake Minden Camping Resort for one fun filled weekend of racing.

.21s, .45s, .67s, .80s, .90s, Twins, 26cc, 30cc, Hydros, Riggers, Mono, Cats or even Canards...Nitro, Gas, Electric, Steam, or even Rubberband powered. If you got it bring it.

You can even run up to two boats. Yes. Two... Dos... Dueces,

You'll be ranked by your best score.

I think it's time we try a little something new to spice things up around here.
No more of the same ole same ole. If it makes you a little uncomfortable that's okay....
change usually does.

Here's the format

4 Qualifying Rounds
Top 12 thru 7 Drivers in Consolation for 7th spot in Final 3 Rounds

3 Final Rounds of the same Top 7 Boats.
Best Score of the 3 Rounds Wins

1 Winner. 1 Trophy.

We have campgrounds on site right next to the water. We have cabins across the water where you can almost watch the races from your front porch.... and we have trailers for rent for those who want to be a little bit more economical. But for those that still prefer the good ole fashion Motel we have one just 17 minutes away right up the highway.

This is not the race to come to expecting to go home with a trophy. In all honesty the odds are stacked against you. It's stacked against us all. LOL!... but If you like Lots and Lots of Racing then you should like this race because that's the goal... Lots and Lots of Racing. Good Times. Good Fun. Good Memories.

All are included but if you'd like to exclude yourself I understand.

Who's up for it?

To enter Click Here.

...And Follow Us on FaceBook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the update to the Grand Prix Classic website for 2015. You may notice that it say GPC Grand Prix Classic: World Challenge. Yes. You got it right. It is a challenge going out across the nation and across the globe. Many RC boating enthusiast have been around the world racing boats but few from around the world make it to the states. We also have many West Coast Racers making it to the East Coast but few making it out west. I have raced on both the East and West Coast so I extend the challenge out especially to those that have yet to make it out to the West. This is the perfect opportunity. Febuary 28th and March 1st. You have just under a month to make your plans.

GPC Screen Shot.jpg

Thank you all who have donated so far. We have raised $185.00 so far. Woohoo! But we have a ways to go to meet our $5000.00 goal. If you would like to attend our event and make a clothing donation for the clothing drive you can join us February 28th and March 1st at Lake Minden Resort just 20 minutes north of Sacramento. More details at grandprixclassic.com. If you are unable to join us but would still like to make a monetary contribution you may do so at the following link. It's tax deductible and goes right to the organization. It's for the kids. Your contributions are invaluable. http://www.sleeptrainfosterkids.org/campaign/GPC.

Regards,
Roger Hooks.

Hi Roger

Kay and I can not make the race. I have posted a donation and hopefully we can get the money coming in. Looking forward to seeing you and your father soon.

Chris & Kay Davis

This was FUN !! all clases running together was a blast, it made it a driving challenge with the different speeds of the defferent boats runing all at one thime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back