building a vision craft

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck st romain

just started building a vision craft, taking my time. have a few questions.

1) how low do i want the prop shaft below the sponsons?

2) what should the cog be? is that full of fuel?

just want to start drilling and mock up before paint.

much mahalo's

Just sent you a PM. Run the bottom of the bullet 1/8th inch above the running surface. Cg should be around 7 3/4" with no fuel. Add weight if needed behind the radio box. And get a x442 from Scotland.

7 3/4 from the trandsom??? been a long time since i built a tunnel. just want to get it right the first time.

got a keep 21, os leg and 442 from mark allready

Last edited by a moderator:
Who does props in Scotland these days? Do tell Shaun ;-)

Abc/Grim (40x53/2 done by aaron at Ozspec to be precise) seem to be nicer on a Vision, particularly in the transition out of the corner (for me and some others anyway).

And CoG from rear of sponsons.

not trying to question anyone, but is this right? bottom of the bullet 1/8 inch above the ride surface? this puts the mounting plate of the OS leg about 1/4' above the top of the trandsom

should i flip the mount/pivot plate upside down (piviot on top, not bottom)???

Dont flip mount

start with bullet level with bottom

about 1deg of neg trim

bottom set of holes are 2.087" up (53mm) and top set are .984"(25mm) above those.

puts the bullet just right and central travel for up and down.

if only shawn did a manual for his boat which so many have bought :p

Sorry this tablet likes to make it's own words sometimes, It's shouland not Scotland. Place the boat on a flat surface, that's the running surface, like the end of a table,hold the motor up to the transom and mark the center of the holes when the bottom of the bullet 1/8th" above the table. That is a good starting spot for most props's. Go up or down from there.

anyone using the NR car pipe??? it is just super tight and having a hard tme with the support. this is what i have:

the "S" header is the 40044- Outboard Header and the pipe is the 51011- EFRA Tuned Pipe. the pictures on the NR sight have no springs installed and the clearance is fudged for the picture.

Chuck,

Most everyone I have seen run that car pipe setup rotates the header until the pipe points toward the rear of the boat. Depending on the rotation, you may need to drill new spring retaining holes in the header. Then you can support the pipe with the support wire from the pipe to the cav plate.

Chuck...buy that Irwin O/B pipe....you can always re - sell (but I think it will be the Candy you need)...

Latest posts

Back