MAC .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own one its an AB converted OB to IB

the one I own runs great

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same engine in on-road version for 1/8 scale buggy. Still have a few cases.

It ran really strong but had (have) a non standard exhaust gasket compared to other car engines.

Got a few of them for a bargain from Andy Brown back in '05-'06. About $160 a piece, new.

The same (or almost identical) engine was sold as the CMB RS and RS Pro for car use. The carbs were identical.

Yes, Off-Road MAC 21 converted to Inboard Marine using Outboard water Jacket and carb.

We ran one in a 34" MircoBusrt. Was as fast as any 21 mono out there.

The Crankcase is a modified version of the CMB 21 that was built around 1999. The Internal Parts are those that I designed.

Andy

do you remember a while back i purchased one of these from a guy in peorta rico????

still havent seen it

i did contact him well tried to fastest hang up i have ever had

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Roger. Alan Terry ran one of these in a roadrunner .21 before his trailer got stolen. It was his son Ryan's boat and it ran very exceptional. I believe Alfred tried one of these in one of his sport .21s too but I can't sware by that. But they run pretty dam decent and they seem to be really hot in the car world.

Tommy, I got this engine from Alan Terry but I don't remember Alan running it in any of his boats. I got it to see what

would I have to do to convert the MAC .21 car engine to a marine engine. I got the MAC .21 car engine from Charles Ross

when he went out of business with his hobby shop. I was going to make a water jacket for the car engine but never got around to it.

oh ok. Well like I said Alan ran one in a roadrunner .21 for his son before his trailer got stolen and he may have even toyed with one in a amono but im not 100% sure. These run pretty dam good. I even heard that modified they give the cmb vac .21 a run for its money but I haven't seen any video to prove that statement. But like I said When Alan ran on in that rigger it ran pretty dam good.

We ran ours in a 34" MicroBurst. We ran it stock. Never did any mods to it and it ran 54 mph on an X440/3. 60% nitro and the 21 parabolic pipe. This set up was very onsistant on the black .295" bore outboard carb.

Back