Methanol $$$

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got for it for $30 here in the Charleston area. It is racing methanol. Used to get it for $3.50 until the shop dropped the product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently paid $7 per gal at a local kart track. I know it can be gotten cheaper in some areas...as low as $3.

I'm getting 5 gallons for $15.00. Be very careful how you store it. Methanol attracts moisture. If your container is not completely sealed, you'll get moisture in the methanol and it is ruined for fuel use.

Al Hobbs

I'm getting 5 gallons for $15.00. Be very careful how you store it. Methanol attracts moisture. If your container is not completely sealed, you'll get moisture in the methanol and it is ruined for fuel use.

Al Hobbs
Yes, I had a 5 gallon jug of Methanol go bad because the O-ring seal was cracked. Store it in a dry location and do not purchase more than you will consume in a few months.

$3.45 a gallon at mason-dixon dragway near me. I can get them to sell me a gallon in an old nitro jug. Or, if you know an alky car racer, catch them on monday. They usually have some fresh left over, that's what i do (-;

Back