big block nitro racing?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyEdge

How would everyone feel about a race just for big block nitro's, single's and twins?

how many rounds would you like 3,4,5,6,?

Shoot out format with qualifying?

1st, 2nd, 3rd places or 1 winner takes all?

Tell us us your opinion?

Jeremy

Last edited by a moderator:
what is considered a big block? we talking 80 -90 1 cube motors or 67 up? ect

just curious

Good question.. in the world of RC thats a .28 or larger (up to a 45 or so)

Grim

.67 up for the single engine class sounds good to me....or just make it OPEN single....there are some great .45 powered giant slayers out there!

Central location so the most people can attend. 30-40 Twins is possible and would be awesome.

Spring of the year...maybe a MAY date?

4 boats per heat in the Twin class.

Qualifying rounds with Final rounds.

Are you talking all hull types or just riggers? I run scales and they are, technically speaking, big block powered

Yes, the displacement could start at .67 and up and the class's would be single engine nitro and then twin engine nitro. Any hull i don't think would matter but the single will be strictly for singles and same for twin.

Open nitro 2 classes single and twin.

4 boat per round. 4 qualifying rounds.

Top 4 boats in final, one single one twin final.

Then a top dog shoot out of the two boats.

If the race could bring in 30 or more boats in each class I would like to see 4 or 5 qualifying rounds, 3 rounds of semi finals for the top 8 boats divided into two heats and then 3 Final rounds for the top 4 boats.

Possibly carry some points into the FINAL based a total points accumulated in all of the qualifying rounds.

"Then a top dog shoot out of the two boats."

That would be fun too....maybe the Top 2 boats from the Singles and Top 2 boats from the Twins to go 3 more rounds. The 4 boats heats would be more interesting.

There would certainly be plenty of time with just Two classes and everyone would get lots of racing in by having 4 or 5 qualifying rounds.

I think we could pull some racers out of retirement for a race like this.

Winner gets a Rolex watch!
default_smile.png

Get some sponsorship from someone like Lucas Oil. Lucas even does their own video production.

How would everyone feel about a race just for big block nitro's, single's and twins?

Tell us us your opinion?

Jeremy
Jeremy I guess you are talking Nitro classes? When you have open classes & unlimited it begans to get mixed up. I would like to see a large race with Nitro boats competing in there respective class. Then if you want to mix it up a little? Run a Unlimited special class....... Location of this race would be key also. Maybe ask a existing club to allow you guys to access there race property before the race schedules are determined the 1st of the year.

Tell us us your opinion?

Jeremy
Award your Top Qualifier & have a ShootOut Format for Winner take all Final. Its about Good Competition & having a Good Time!!

The only problem I see is that sports and scales running with riggers would be at a major disadvantage due to weight and aerodynamic drag due to the boat designs. Maybe running three groups would be a better option?

There are plenty of races out there already for a full set of classes.

What I think is being proposed is a nitro race for the fasts boats to compete together with out all the classes.

Separating twins from singles will keep the weight differences separate as to the water conditions.

If you have a sport or scale boat that will run 80mph in race water bring it.

It would be the fasts boats competing agents one and other.

There are many .45 and .67 boats that can race at this speed with the .80,.91,1.01 single boats.

Many I have talked to over time do not go to races as thy don't want to sit all day just to run there boat only 4 times in two days.

I think what he is proposing is the big dog race.

I think there are plenty out there that would love to be the top dog.

There could be a series made out of this for the top dogs. More than one race in one place.

This might be the ticket for nitro racings future.

Winner takes all per class. no 2nd place,,or third anything, other than status. You guys could figure out a dollar amount to stick in the cup before the final,,say,, $150 or so. 6 boats @ $150 is a nice chunk for the win.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Two classes, single nitro engine and twin nitro engine, should draw plenty of racers and some people who just want to watch.

Al Hobbs

I already have a Rolex One more will not hurt
default_smile.png
:) But this sounds like fun. I will make a donation to the twin class.

Nails.

Other all Nitro races with your standard class's are being work on.This race that is being currently discussed will only be a two class race, single and twin nitro's.

the style of how it is ran or put on so to speak is what this thread was intended for with a lot of the above posts there is a lot of great ideas.

Keep um coming guys.

Back