Nitro Duck Sportsman, Folkston, Ga.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Atwell

Hey everyone!
As y'all saw before, there was a new pond being dug near Jacksonville and we have some more news on it,
The pond is finished, as well as a slew of other things.
Te driver stand is complete and looks fantastic! It steps down to the boat launching area, and has a ramp for anyone who may have trouble walking up stairs or has a disability.
A course has been set up for RC trucks to play around in. Also an air strip for the planes to take off.
A dove hunt and Turkey hunt has also been in consideration, as this is private property in the middle of the woods. So noise complaints or trouble with city of Folkston should be a non-issue. We hope to work with the city a pull off something like the city of Hobart has accomplished.
Sanctioning paper, we are planning on filling out sometime this week.
seeing as how it is a little late in the season to schedule and district race, if sanctioning goes smooth, a fun run is possibly in the works. More information will be coming later....
Here are some pictures. Normally the pond is higher, but it has been particularly dry. It will be no issue filling it back up.
IMG_1328.JPGIMG_1329.JPGIMG_1330.JPGIMG_1331.JPGIMG_1332.JPGIMG_1333.JPGIMG_1334.JPGIMG_1339.JPG

Thanks everyone!

Very Nice!
Thanks Andy!You can applaud all this to Henry (George Taylor on here) and his Brother Delbert. They funded and did most of the labor. Were just here to get the word out, lol.

Hopefully you can make it up here one day in the future!

That is a very nice site. Where it is located, it should pull some good drivers too. I really like the size. Should be a really good site for sure. The next pictures need to have a boat running out there.

-Carl

Carl, it is just south of Folkston, GA. about 4 miles. Had my friend Stan Simpson out a few days ago with one of his JAE 45 riggers at about 85 with plenty of room. One good thing is the wind won't whip it up as bad as some ponds, it's protected with trees and bank. We are getting the club going and the pond sanctioned. Hope to be racing there soon. It's open to other clubs to come and run also. Anyone needing additional info, just send me a pm. Henry (George)

Is there a website for this new site, with all the info on it. Does it cost anything to run there and so on????

try "nitroducksportsman.com". That should get you to it. Where are you located? My brother owns the property. We have started the Nitro Duck R.C. model boaters club. Mitch Atwell is the president and I am the secretary. We have our monthly club meetings at the Nitro Duck Sportsman in Folkston on the second Sat. of each month. Come to the pond an check it out. Send me pm if needed. Thanks, Henry

Just like to thank everyone for who showed up for our 1st club meeting of the year, and we could not be happier. Through the word of mouth and this site, we have grown more and more each time. Thanks to Nuband John, The Duncans, The Beardens, The Harvey's and all the spectators who came out to watch. For anyone interested, we have club meetings every second Saturday of the month, so please, come out and join us.
Here is a short video of us running, one of the racers lost his boat in the roostertails and sunlight causing the run up on the bank.

Again, thank you to everyone that came, and look forward to seeing more of you in the near future!

Thanks,
Brandon

Brandon just had to put this one on here to show me "mowing grass"!!!!!! Great club meeting, lots of new members. Come see us and check out the website, nitroducksportsman.com.

It looks like a great site. Can't wait for the GP race.
default_cool.png

Both Races scheduled for this year are up on RC Racing Events. Everyone get your entries in, we promise to make it the most fun you will have at a race all year
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back