1994/95/96 Smokin Joe's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lennard Cuenco

Does anyone have closeup photos of the transom of this boat?

I'm in the middle of a build and I'm doing the recessed transom....trying figure out how to get it right

Thank you....

(btw, I already have several msg's into David Newton about buying photos of the boat, he has yet to get back to me)

Rob, am I seeing this right, the boat didn't have shoes at the rear of the nontrip or tunnel? By the early 90s, I thought all the turbines has shoes installed. Guess I missed one
default_wacko.png

Pics don't lie and I'm not into photoshop. There are timestamps (dates) in the corner of the pics.

The 95-96 U10 was a 9210 hull I believe. The back end is different as there were no winglets?????? The pictures that are up are for the 94. Think it was an 8700 hull that had those winglets ???? or whatever they are called. lol

Rick

At some time the Joes had the rear shoes in this picture. It say 94-95 but not sure what year. The previous Winston 8700 had the rear shoes too.

rear sponosons  94 95 SJoes.jpg

I'd be willing to bet the shots Rob posted are the 8700 hull and the ones that Phil posted are the 9210. This is based on the verticals, Rob's shots are Lucero and Phil's are Jones. Also, I've seen pictures of the 8700 with shoes that were added to the boat's bottom inside of the airtraps that could be easily removed where the shoes in Phil's shots are molded into the bottom of the nontrip as the boat had no airtraps aft

Beware of photos of display boats!!

The top photos Duck shows are from the 94 version. I had a scale of that boat myself

Those pictures have the angled non trip like the 8700 and rear sponsons, but this boat could have been a display boat, anyone know for sure?

not sure where rcu gets its information, but the 8700 is listed for Smokin Joe's 94-96, while the 9210 is listed as Smokin Joe's II 1995-96

The boat I took pics of ran in 94 in tri-cities. It was the only hull there.

Guys, Steve Woomer and U-10 team's quest to top Bernie's Bud team saw them try LOTS of things. The rear shoes were an off and on thing (mostly on) in '94 and '95 with big changes for '96 when the hull sides aft of the front sponson transoms changed and the rear shoes were gone for good. The "beer and cigarettes" battles were and still are some of my all time favorites.
default_cool.png

Guys, Steve Woomer and U-10 team's quest to top Bernie's Bud team saw them try LOTS of things. The rear shoes were an off and on thing (mostly on) in '94 and '95 with big changes for '96 when the hull sides aft of the front sponson transoms changed and the rear shoes were gone for good. The "beer and cigarettes" battles were and still are some of my all time favorites.
default_cool.png
Guys, Don would know, the 96 was parked in his driveway!!!
default_wink.png

At some time the Joes had the rear shoes in this picture. It say 94-95 but not sure what year. The previous Winston 8700 had the rear shoes too.
Phil,

I notice the airtrap in front of the shoes is gone, how far forward did this go? were there any airtraps on this boat at all?

Phil,

I notice the airtrap in front of the shoes is gone, how far forward did this go? were there any airtraps on this boat at all?
dont know that, I just found those pic somewhere, they not very good looks like dark shadows in one pic and white in another.

hmmm....interesting Phil

weren't Don McKay and Doug Shepherd in the pits/under this boat back in the day?

do you remember seeing this boat guys?

Len,

As far as the airtraps go... They have always been there I Do not every remember that hull or any other without airtraps. I was around all those hulls a lot and would have remember something like that for sure.. On a unlimited that would have been way out of the box for sure.

Doug

Back