Gas Thor Prototype Getting Close!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
I wanted to post an update on the Gas THOR Prototype Project. I am getting very close. I will be finishing it up and start testing this week. Stay tuned for more pics and videos..........

Ron,

1. Where did you get the starter dome for the top? I finally bit the bullet and bought my own nitro starter for my boats and would like to convert my tunnel to use the same you have there was actually going to PM you since I remember seeing it on your boat.

2. Do you plan on doing any GPS testing with this thing? I'm curious to do a side by side comparison with an Insane hull we have here in Brandon that's been running real good.

Thanks,

Matt

Dang Matt,

I figured you were going to stay with starting your engine from the prop like I did at the WTC last year when the belt broke and Otto was driving!!!!!.....lol. I got mine from Dubro. Same as I had on my last tunnel. I will need to verify the thread in a PM but I believe its the 8mm x 1.5mm thread. I will verify with Donnie Padgett and let you know.

Thank you, much appreciated!! Those dang pull starters break at the most inopportune time I tell ya.

Dang Matt,
I figured you were going to stay with starting your engine from the prop like I did at the WTC last year when the belt broke and Otto was driving!!!!!.....lol. I got mine from Dubro. Same as I had on my last tunnel. I will need to verify the thread in a PM but I believe its the 8mm x 1.5mm thread. I will verify with Donnie Padgett and let you know.

Looks good Ron, and they say Nitro is expensive.
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks Mike. Donnie tested the lower and motor. No load looks goog so far. Load testimg will happen this week when we test the boat. Hopefully there are no surprises. It took a while to figure out why the Lawless was breaking cables and what to do to stop it from happening. Time will tell if this geared lower needs fine tuning as well.

I stand corrected. I even claimed to have used my thread pitch gauge......that's what happens when you have 2 or 3 out at once. Yes, it IS 8mm X 1.0

Back