Wild Life And Boating?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

Seems to be a conflict in some areas- any clubs having issues with this?

we've had a couple races where the stupid ducks wouldn't take the hint and leave, but other than that no. on my practice/testing pond even the geese will skedaddle once you fire up a boat, and geese are usually such jerks that I firmly believe they deserve to be eaten.

Started out here as a "Superfund" project to clear out the mined out areas and reclaim.

But a few started this Green thang and went on to make them wildlife refuge.

The very few left do there boating at private ponds now,

Gene

I have found the most effective model boats to remove ducks/geese from the race course are electric powered. My new favorite is the AquaCraft Rescue 17, but less expensive EPs work just fine. I installed a RAM siren on the Rescue 17 and with the water nozzle going, the water fowl get out of the way in a hurry.

JD

TURTLES....they are making baby turtles this time of the year. They can make confetti of some riggers if you hit them just right.

I read the title and thought, gee who is partying hard and running rc boats?
default_smile.png

Ducks.... brainless and don't move

Geese.... at least get to shore and stay out of the water.

Dogs.... Clueless owns throw ball into pond while we are

have a race (not a off leash park) and we have

lease to use the pond (dog owner thinks it's his private park).

Fons

I have found the most effective model boats to remove ducks/geese from the race course are electric powered. My new favorite is the AquaCraft Rescue 17, but less expensive EPs work just fine. I installed a RAM siren on the Rescue 17 and with the water nozzle going, the water fowl get out of the way in a hurry.

JD
I may have to pop for one of those, Jerry! That sounds like too much fun...
default_smile.png

OR, maybe we need to invite some of the Scale modelers to the races, complete with their airgun equipped deck guns, etc...

The Submarines might be interesting as well...

:)Good one Tom. Actually the reason I asked was I heard there were problems at the Las Vegas club but did NOT know how blown out of shape it had got- till I had a chat with one of the guys. I asked how things were at their pond and From what I heard they really got put under a microscope. Took weeks and hundreds of pieces of paperwork to resolve.
default_sad.png

Dang tree huggers are a Pain, thankfully I live in a small community full of RedNecks that love to Hunt and Fish so Not any trouble from tree huggers. Turtles are my Biggest Problem and the occasional Gator. Actually had one gator that wanted to chase one of my little boats.... But he mysteriously Disappeared one day. I have a vid somewhere of my Thunderbolt tagging a Turtle with the turn fin, it twisted that SS fin around like it was a beer can and made the boat do a 360 at 65mph

Mr. Fons, Dog and tennis ball in turn 2????? Guy must have been off his rocker.

Had a beaver in UT a few years back-gnawed down half the trees around the lake. I think the County finally wrapped the trunks in chicken wire and the beaver left.

I did have a women come to the Landing we were running from and toss her 2 kids in right next to us. I immediately dropped Off Plane and idled in and walked over and Explained the Hazards of a Sharp Prop turning at 30K+ and How it would make Her kids Look and How Bad I would Feel If my radio system GLITCHED. She was nice enough to pull them out After about 5min and they were cooled Off. Another nice thing about living in a small community A Lot fewer Rectum Necks......

We had a guy launch a floppy rowboat onto the front stretch during a heat INTENTIONALLY STOPPING THE HEAT. He claimed it was his right to use the public park and lakes to fish in and that WE were in the wrong by running there even though we had a properly obtained use permit. He then proceeded to row across the course and pull the boat up on the bank just past the markers we had showing where the lake was opened and fished off the bank, casting back into the backstretch and turn 3, exercising HIS RIGHT to use the lake. A call to the proper authorities took care of the issue but, unlike the geese, ducks, turtles, deer and beaver, HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

Back