jim's rc boat dock

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There site has been with problems for sometime now they keep saying that it's going to be fixed by I'm not so sure about that. It seems to be getting worse. Just my .02$

Deep breath ... deep breath ... have faith guys.
default_biggrin.png

Yes the site was being upgraded on Sunday (security patches applied) when the update scripts ran afoul. We think it was some residue left over from the hacking episode we had about six months back. It took out the whole site as a result. Were now trying to load a fresh copy of the forum software and then we will reload the database.

We tightened up the leaky security on the site and Alberto is working to get it back up. With the tighter security he is the only one who has full access rights on the server to load and install the packages. Dom and I are just hoping things work out! All this hits when Alberto is going through a rough patch of life with a divorce. I just hope he can get us back in the next few days.

Yes the site was being upgraded on Sunday (security patches applied) when the update scripts ran afoul. We think it was some residue left over from the hacking episode we had about six months back. It took out the whole site as a result. Were now trying to load a fresh copy of the forum software and then we will reload the database.

We tightened up the leaky security on the site and Alberto is working to get it back up. With the tighter security he is the only one who has full access rights on the server to load and install the packages. Dom and I are just hoping things work out! All this hits when Alberto is going through a rough patch of life with a divorce. I just hope he can get us back in the next few days.
Good luck Jim- And Thanks for the heads up-

Keep us posted, being a Nitro guy its the 2nd spot I visit daily
default_happy.png

many of us are anxiously awaiting the return
default_cool.png

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck jrcbd guy's. I know it sucks when you have server / forum problems!

Site was up for a couple of days and then all went, as fast as it came, thanks for the heads up Jim.

Waiting on Site.

Randy

It's been up and down but mostly the latter lately. It was up for a few hours around Wednesday and some people did manage to make a few postings before it went down again.

Alberto's been trying to keep people updated on Facebook so when he does I can pass it along.

Most are handling it pretty well by getting their fix on Facebook. Others have set up groups to cover other things like For Sale, Trade or Wanted.

The site must have been hit hard by the hack Terry. It was back online for a few hours, I want to say last Wednesday and members were able to post which was better than the last time that it was brought back online as then it was a read-only. My feeling is maybe that they need someone more professional than Alberto to do the repairs. He's probably got a full-time job plus going through a divorce right now so he can't devote himself to the site full-time.

The FB page has only 268 members right now so possibly some don't know about it or don't want to join Facebook. That group will probably die off once the site is back up.

Back