.21 RIGGER. HELP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gas gremlin

hi everyone i've been running gas boats for a few years now, and have been on here lurking and learning about the nitro boats I run with a big group of non racers, gas and nitro several times a week. even though i had a strict "gas only" policy I decided I needed a small rigger to play with the other guys. well i got this rigger for a steal, put in a k&b .21 and now i'm waiting for a starter belt and its ready to rip,

the question i have is who makes this hull , everyone that sees it asks . notice the spray rails? on the sponsons and the back sponsons are fixed (non adjustable)

any ideas would help thanks

View attachment 2448

thanks for the ideas guys , i had no idea .

You probably noticed that the cowl is my own design as it came with out one .

got the belt today so tonite might be the night

thanks again, rich

AKA the gas gremlin

How old is this boat?

The transom area sure looks like a Don Pinkert 'Gator' from the early 80's...

Hard to tell with your own cowl on it though...and the Gators had little winglets for booms, but who knows if they've been replaced by someone else???

I have no idea how old it is , but i am sure i don't have the only one made .

Any of the old school racers got any more ideas? gator , crapshooter , some other dinosaur? ran it last night had a problem with an air leak ,end bearing i think fix it tonite run it friday.

Hope it rips!

the gas gremlin

the sponsons definatly scream crapshooter i dont think its a gator the front engien compartment looks different than the gator i haev have in the garage

The boat looks like the old crapshooter.I had one back in the mid 80"s that look like that one.

I have lost Don pinkert number and i would like to pick up one of his latest Hydros. i When I was a kid my dad he used to run at Lake Lucerne in Miami. He moved to Tampa and my dad and mbrother and I all bought hydros then but n we lost hhis number. Would you happen to have it or ask him to give me a call.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Kinsman,

[email protected]

Back