.28 Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Fields

Hi All,

I'm playing around with the idea of potentially running a .28 in one of Niklas Edlunds new KEP's T2 riggers, but wanted to pick the brains of all you guys about good engines to run. My back ground is mainly with racing FSR-V in the UK, but is going to start with the hydro's (sorry, riggers) this season.

I've seen that Go! have a 6 port that looks good, but I've no idea if it is or not?

Has anyone got any suggestions or had any experience with the Go Engines?

Cheers

Martin

www.lmracing.co.uk

The Nova .28 is a ROCK STAR! When I got the first one in a couple of years ago I loaned it to Mike Nowicki(sp?) and he ran something like 102 or 104mph at a record trial in Flint. A small sleeve shim and a reduced volume head button is all they need. And they are pretty inexpensive too.

GQ

The Nova .28 is a ROCK STAR! When I got the first one in a couple of years ago I loaned it to Mike Nowicki(sp?) and he ran something like 102 or 104mph at a record trial in Flint. A small sleeve shim and a reduced volume head button is all they need. And they are pretty inexpensive too.

GQ
What model is the engine that your talking about, is it the T528???

GQ
Yes

GQ

Glenn,

I was there, and I think we did not have enough propeller for the motor if I remember correctly.

I have a "Hall 28 conversion" and it is as Stout as most 46 motors.

If we had just a little longer 21 boat with 28 motors it would be one fast class believe me.

I am pretty sure the Nova 28 holds the tether car record just under 200 MPH. I think like

196.00 and some change. It is one of their best motors.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark

Mark the 28 Nova does indeed hold the class 4, 5cc tether car world record @ the speed you quote by Jan-Erik Falk from Sweden. His Nova is totally rebuilt with an entire new bottom half, the motor is turned 180degrees so the exhaust is above the crank. A new crank & front housing is made along with a new induction system with a Zimmerman valve, pipes are also a bit special as well. A Nova 21 also holds the class 3, 3.5cc world record, motor also built in the same way with Zimmerman design. Martin.

Mark the 28 Nova does indeed hold the class 4, 5cc tether car world record @ the speed you quote by Jan-Erik Falk from Sweden. His Nova is totally rebuilt with an entire new bottom half, the motor is turned 180degrees so the exhaust is above the crank. A new crank & front housing is made along with a new induction system with a Zimmerman valve, pipes are also a bit special as well. A Nova 21 also holds the class 3, 3.5cc world record, motor also built in the same way with Zimmerman design. Martin.
Martin any pics of the motor?

GQ
Yes

GQ
What price is the 28 marine Glenn, do you normally stock it

Martin any pics of the motor?
Go to www.smru.info/. not the best detailed pic but gives an idea.

If you go to www.smru.se then click on Teknik on the left side of the page then half way down the page listed Motorer - Engines. Theirs a list of various motors used, scroll down to Novarossi 28 - 4.66cc & youll see better detailed pics of an ealier model. But the designs are still the same design still being used.

GQ
Yes

GQ
Shane, I do not normally keep them in stock. The last time I got one I think they were around $250.

GQ

Hi.. I acually raced GO 21 in dessau in A hydro.. As you know Niklas E and others took most place in A hydros.. with other brands of engines.. not GO..

I am sorry that i didnt have more time and so to do better testing with boat and engine and pipe.. but.. GO21 does work ok..i was ok fast in my last heat but .. had a jumpstart again so didnt come to a final..as i wanted..but with some modification GO is ok..

Hi guy's. This is my first post here. I'm new to this forum and from the UK. FYI I'm building a JAE 21 with the above mentioned Nova Rossi 28 as power plant. I'm using a super quiet Novarossi new model 50050 pipe too. I have come back to boating and rc models after doing a fair bit in the '70s. I recently rebuilt my old fast mono cruiser and that got me hooked again. I also do planes and helis . I have always wanted to try a rigger and this hopefully will go fast. I chose the 28 as I thought it the best value as I don't plan to race so don't need a 21 class motor. I will let you guys know how it goes. There is a video on u tube of another guy with a JAE 21 with a Nova 28 and that looks fast too. The top rpm on the 28 are quoted as 39,450 so not quite as much as the 21 but it will still be fast I think. So far I'm very happy with the kit. Next week I'm painting it hopefully then a test run! Happy boating!

Tim,

Start with a 1650 and the boat should run around 75+ MPH or better if you have the right pipe on it.

They are a great engine and are a lot of fun to test with. Welcome back into the hobby.

Enjoy,

Mark Sholund

Wow thank you very much guys. I am really looking forward to getting in running, thats made me even more excited. In the 1970s Rossi were engines that i dreamed about but couldn't afford. They were always the real Ferrari of Model engines. I am very impressed looking at the engine the detail and porting in the cylinder looks amazing. My first boat had and Enya 15! and I eventually progressed to Webras.. I got back into the hobby thanks to my wife buying my 5yr old son a model helicopter a year or so ago. Since then Dad has got lots of models and even built a small workshop. The hobby has really come on now and is more fun to me than when I was a young lad!

Thank you very much for the tips guys. I'll try to buy a 1650, at the moment I just have an Octura X445 and a 1450 prop that I got with the hardware kit. The X445 seems a bit bigger than the 1450.

The boat is almost finished now. I was fiddling round with the hatch today.I decided to use a couple of airplane nylon wing bolts to hold it down as I didnt want to just rely on adhesive tape to seal it . :)

GQ
Yes

GQ
Shane, I do not normally keep them in stock. The last time I got one I think they were around $250.

GQ
Hi Glenn, how much would it cost for and engine and shipping to the UK?

GQ
Yes

GQ

GQ
Hi Glenn, how much would it cost for and engine and shipping to the UK?
Hey Martin, I haven't ordered one in a year or two, let me check on the price and I will get back to you.

GQ

Back