can anybody identify this hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yellow one looks like the aquacraft vs1

Last edited by a moderator:
thats what i thought but transom isn't set in as far as vs-1 , cowl looks different and tips up front are much sharper than vs-1

looks like rear and sponson tips were mod

looks like dumas cowl

the yellow looks like a villain, but too long. the radio box isn't right, either. my villain is one of the longer ones i've seen at 28 3/4", most are 28......the nemesis i'm building is 31" & is a boltaboat. center section is a flat tray that the radio box is sandwiched/clamped to by a perimeter frame. sponsons bolt to side rails attached to the center section. for sure ain't one of them :p . prolly a wof copy of a villain, but longer for rough water, as the villain was not the best in rough water. when i say villain, i mean both the original kits & the AQ vs1 ;) . the cowl looks like the original villain cowl that came with the first kits, it was changed later to the cowl that is currently offered with the vs1.

Red one looks like a Top Speed 2...hahaha. Not sure about that yellow one.

Its not even close to a Villian (VS1). Look at the lift point of the center section. Its way to far forward to be even remotely close to a Villian. Villian is in the back 2/3 of the center section, this one appears nearly center. Cowl appears to be a Dumas cowl. My guess would be that its someone custom build.

Chris,

Show us a pic of the bottom. Is it a wood or fiberglass build? The secondary ride pad looks like wood. Does it have stumble blocks? Looks a lot like a Newby.

rodney, hate to disagree (on both points :rolleyes: ), but i have both boats sitting here. the dumas cowl is MUCH narrower/more coke bottle shaped on top where it narrows up in the back third. oh btw, speaking of back third, i just measured villain #64 that i built this winter, the high point of the center section is 11" back from the front edge, on a 20 1/4" center section. not quite a third :p . but i will say that the curve seems lees on the front of the villain center, favoring a steeper appearing drop to the rear.

Oh Robin, give me a second here. I have an untouched VS1 cowl on a flat surface front and rear. You can clearly see that the lift point is towards the rear....and I have to disagree... looks just like every Dumas cowl I have ever seen.

Peak of the lift point is at 13 inches from the front aprox

IMG_20130319_205148_zps74bbccfc.jpg

Hard to tell in this picture, as it turned out a little blurry, but the black thumb screw on the table is aprox the peak of the lift point.

IMG_20130319_205212_zps268e5e92.jpg

LOL. And if the boat was that much different, this cowl would not fit it. Come on man. ITS UNTOUCHED OUT OF THE PACKAGE. Direct fit to a VS1....

i'm just havin' fun ,rodney :lol: :lol: . but seriously, measuring the centersection on my KIT villain, the high spot is just 3/4" back from the center of the center section. the rate/radius of the front & rear deck leading to that high spot are different, but the actual highest point is pretty near even front to back.......give me an addy i can send pics to.

Hey Robin. Just got a PM from the designer himself....13.7" from the front of the center section ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back