K&B or PB ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john chamorro

I'm not having any luck finding a carb throttle linkage nut for my Dyn .15 so it looks like I'll end up with getting another motor. The boat is a PB Miss Bud 1/12 that I dink around with. The K&B .18 is about $40 less expensive than the PB .18. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

It 'looks 'like maybe a 3/16 x 32. I'm near dead sure it's a metric. Im trying to find my pitch gauge to be sure. My real problem is I'm an hour from the nearest town and after I take a 1/2 day and 10 gals of fuel looking for a nut, I can buy another motor and wait for them to come off backorder in May.

I have identified the thread! (I think) It's .5 pitch and probably 5.5 diameter. It measures to 6mm but that isn't an available size so it's either 5.5 or 5 x .5 mm . Now to find one,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That's it all right. I'm going to swing by Mr. Metric in San Jose and see if the have it. I'm still not exactly sure if its a 5 or 5.5 MM nut yet. If nothing else, I'll buy a tap and make one myself.

If the pitch is 0,5mm it can be M5x0,5 or M6x0,5 (Metric-Fine)

As it's over 5mm .. it's probably M6x0,5

Not regular in Europe too .. as 'normal' is M5x0,8 and M6x1,0. (Metric-Coarse)

Last edited by a moderator:
I measured it out to 6mm as close as I have tools for. I checked the pitch with a pitch gauge to .5. The nut chart doesn't list a 6 x .5 but it does list a 5 and a 5.5 x .5 pitch. Deductive reasoning said it wasn't a 6 unless it's some proprietory thread which I sort of doubt. No matter what it is , I can't find one,,,, yet. Of course the thread chart could be wrong.

Found the nut. I bought a USED carb from Sheldon's. How much would you pay for a used junk carb? 5-10 bucks maybe? How much would you pay for the same junk carb with the nut on it you need? ..............$20.00 Oh well , now I can put my Miss Bud together.

I have one that I gutted if ya need any other parts including a .18. Haven't fired motor yet to check out but will soon.

I have one that I gutted if ya need any other parts including a .18. Haven't fired motor yet to check out but will soon.
Where were you before I spent 20 bucks on a throttle linkage nut? Maybe we can make a deal on the .18?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back