How far would you go to help a fellow scale boater?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

The past couple of weeks I have been emailing friends and asking for pics plans and parts. Why? Awhile back a guy on here posted he needed plans for a scale boat he was from Bulgaria I did not know this but figured he was foreign. I got his zip code and found out where he lived,calculated postage and told him what it would cost. Soon I found what I thought was reasonable he could not afford and after a few emails thought id help him out. What started out as a few pics turned into a full decal set from Wesleys Custom for a huge reduction in price and a complete hardware kit from ZippKits. I added a prop and some other stuff I had laying around and mailed it this AM. A big thank to the following guys Wes Ellet <Wesleys Custom ****** Joe Petro < Zippkits****** Ryan Hobby pics******** and Harvey Liberman snap shots of plans******* This is what model boating is all about helping a fellow boater out whether at the lake or around the world....... Good luck Georgy I hope the package makes it and you post lots of build pics a fellow boater

Your a good man Mikey. "no matter what Tina says" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear friends, thank you very much for your help, thank you !!! Special thanks to Mikey, a noble man !!! I can barely to believe that a stranger, which is 10,000 km. from me, has made much effort to help me.

If there is interest I will post pictures with the building of the boat.

Once again, thank you all ! Impressive is what you do ! :)

For all you have done for me, I wrote in detail in our forum.

Georgy, Bulgaria

20121110_095020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had one person give me the cold shoulder when I asked for help. The people in the boat community are really awesome. And when the do help they go above and beyond. Always.

Mickey, Great job on pulling things together to help Georgy out with his project.

Georgy, please post pictures of the build.

Hi guys,

I will post pics from building of Miss Bud, but let me make a few caveats.

First, please forgive me for my not good English.

My boat, Miss Bud is built without plans, I've used only pictures. I would love to hear your comments and advice.

To build I use only materials available. Only frames are laser cut, everything else is handmade. Project work going on slowly, but now with your help will be much easier.

And so to start ....

The frames and stringers were cut from 3.5 mm. plywood.4.jpg

The wing is made of two layers of 4 mm. balsa and covered with plywood 0.52.jpg

Cowl and cockpit were modeled styrofoam and are covered with fiberglass and epoxy.1.jpg

Their form has been made only by pictures.32.jpg

Started building a boat onto dry dock.21.jpg9.jpg6.jpg8.jpg

He also asked me for some help awhile back, I my self really did not have any of what he was asking, mainly plans I sent him to people like Mike at ML Boat works hoping maybe Mike could send a set on a CD, I guess there was no way he could, Great Job Mike for helping Georgi out awsome!!

Hey Georgi,

Your boat is coming along very well. A very good job my Friend.

I suggest bringing the foam further up, and sanding it to the shape of the top of the sponson so that the sponson skin will bond to, and be supported by the foam. CHEERS !!! Bob

Back