Silent Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbudpilot55

Just received a call this morning that a long time model boating friend, many of you may have know here on Intl waters as lhutch45, Larry Hutchens Sr. passed away suddenly on Tuesday morning the 16th of October. Larry was a long time member and founding father of the old Baton Rouge Model Boat Club, later come to be know as the Nitro Burners of Baton Rouge. He was 67, and had been in failing health, he is survived by his wife Sandra and sons Larry Jr. and Kelly, and several grandsons and granddaughters. Although not active lately Larry still had his hand in model boating, building small electic powered boats to enjoy at his lakeside home with his grand children.

I for one will miss him, we have been friends for almost 40 years, I had last spoken to him on Friday and he sounded really great, God rest his soul, and happy boating in heaven my great friend.

Bill Diedrich

Ventress, Louisiana

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, sorry to hear of Larry's passing. It's always tough to lose your friends, especially ones you have known for a long time. I didn't know him, but it sounds like he was a special person not just to you, but to many. We will keep his family in our prayers.

Dick Tyndall

Back