WHERE CAN I RUN MY 1/8 SCALE GAS BUDWEISER AROUND LYNNWOOD WASHINGTON??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Heinz

Hello all :)

Are there any lakes, or ponds around that will allow gas rc boats to run (Federal way- Everett) without any issues?

I heard greenlake was ok?... is this true??

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl

Greenlake is not OK. I'm not aware of any place to practice around here. Check out the NAMBA district web site for local races. Also, my number is there if you have questions about the local racing.

Is that right?? Well, i heard its "alright" from a few old timers, but wanted to make sure. Mixed signals. The cops are known to leave the rc crowd alone, from what i have read, .. and been told. I might take a chance and see what happens. They cant arrest me.

I have been to twin lakes a few times,..But, only watched. I dont think ill be racing my boats against others anytime soon. I need to practice before i compete. I sure would hate to mess up the candy apple paint on my Bud hydro.. Thanks for the reply. :D

forgot to put that we are district 8. Saw that twin you got. You better find a biggggg lake to run that on. I test on Lake Washington sometimes...give me a call if interested!

forgot to put that we are district 8. Saw that twin you got. You better find a biggggg lake to run that on. I test on Lake Washington sometimes...give me a call if interested!
Yea, i noticed that we're in district 8.. and checked into it. Yea, the twin.. lol.. Crazy boat right dare!! Supposed to be a pretty insane rocket ship from the stories ive heard about her...

Do you really think this boat could reach 100 mph???

Yes, I will hit you up sometime. Thanks for the invite. Peace :)

I've done some checking and, as far as I can tell, the only R/C boats allowed on Green Lake are sail powered. Apparently the residents in the area didn't like the engine noise or smell.

The same thing applies to many of the lakes in Snohomish County. If the the county allows full sized power boats, nitro boats should be legal. Your best bet would be to check the the Parks and Rec office in Everett as they have the last word on county parks and lakes. One thing I have heard is that if you get caught running a gas or nitro boat on Silver Lake, it's a fast $250 fine though I don't know if it's for violating city noise or powerboat ordinances. I know I'll be doing most of my testing on Lake Roesinger, northeast of Snohomish. I have seen waterskiers on it many times over the last several years so I doubt a scale boat would draw the ire of the locals

Yea, someone else mentioned Lake Roesinger as well.. There are places out there.. we just need to find them is all..

NO KYLE, GISSBERG IS NOT LEGAL. In fact there is a posted notice that no R/C models are allowed in the park. To race there, the clubs have to get a permit from the county that allows the club running the race to close that part of the lake. I don't know about Lake Ki Flowing Lake or Big Lake, but you shouldn't have a problem at Goodwin UNLESS you try to run by the swimming area

Hence, the reason people need to take the extra effort to make their boats quieter. Our currently available "Quiet" pipes are very limited. I've been welding up my own.

IMG_7752_zpsceab7210.jpg

Latest posts

Back