Andy Brown

Monos built strickly for SAW?

Guest hugh hargett

The IMPBA stepped mono rule needs to be changed to reflect the technological advances in real racing mono design.

The IMPBA stepped mono rule needs to be changed to reflect the technological advances in real racing mono design.

No need to change the rules. The mono rules we have now are simple and still somewhat vague. We don't need to complicate them any more.

Our 39" microBurst has a solid 1" X 1" square aluminum block on the transom to extend the strut back. This is not a lot different the the first boat in Christian pics. So is the back of my square block now the transom and the original transom is now a step?

Andy if that block is high and dry it's legal.

D.

So if the "block" is built from wood or glass and is built as part of the hull and it's "High and dry" is it legal too? How do we determine "high and dry"?

D.

So if the "block" is built from wood or glass and is built as part of the hull and it's "High and dry" is it legal too? How do we determine "high and dry"?

Yes sir, wood, glass,or part of the hull. As long as the "block" is not a wetted surface when the boat is at racing speed.

D.

Yes sir, wood, glass,or part of the hull. As long as the "block" is not a wetted surface when the boat is at racing speed.

OK, thanks for that Doug.

Guest lohring

Section # 23

Page # 2

Section Name:

DEEP VEE

Revised 3/15/06

5. Gull wing or tunnel hulls are not allowed.

Those are the deep vee rules, not the mono rules. In any case I don't see any mention of wings except the batwing that would probably be illegal in any case.

Lohring Miller

hello

I would have the same question, what is the geometry & dimensions ratio of the northwind?

is it that hull? (down side view)

No, that's not a Northwind. If I remember correctly, the boat pictured is a Mirage. The mono hull was manufactured by Power Products in the 80's. Howard Power used to write a boating column RCM magazine.

thanks for reply

I also submit to you this picture of a cao project model for a saw 21 mono, il was designed some years ago after J Finch record with K Portley

at that time John gave some informations (on Intlwers) about general dimensions concerning his boat, so I tried to draw that model with my students (I teach engineering in France tech college)

if you need, I can give you more images so you can comment this concept - John point of view would be very appreciated

as you know, we use mostly low nitro in europe (25%) - so it's harder for us to reach high speeds

regards-GL

post-11904-0-24099700-1348772101_thumb.jpg