GP hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertWurster

What you guys thinck of the gp 335 but with a cowl more like this.I thinck Mike should make one like this for the nitro guys.I have no idea how to do molds to make this.What do you thinck.

gp444_img_0913.jpg

I really like that Robert. Its funny, when i initially started tbe gp series, i figured that FE would be the most popular...little did i know most kits out there are heading towards a nitro setup. I have so many things going on right now and so little time that it has held up trying to get more designs finalized. It will happen tho. Something new everyday! Mike

I see a lot of those type boats running with a front canard wing on them like the unlimiteds. I was wondering if that was allowed on our Sport 40. If it is I might add a wing during the winter to mine.

I dont see why not Phills sport 45 has one.Unlimiteds are cool but these gps are my favor it .Here is some more picks i have found.I thinck the first pic is cool as Mikes boat has a flat frount like it.

hydroplane.jpg

OW13761-S.jpg

gp88_img_0950.jpg

487315_453665607991131_1330121580_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The first pic is what I was talking about. I think once the seasons over I might add one to mine. I don't have a PT hull but mine looks similar to the first pic.

Cool post pics when you are done.I was thincking of adding it to the port 20 when i build it.I thinck The mlb gp boats are the sweetest ive seen in a while,So im excited to see some one come out with a sweet cowl for the nitros,The fe cowls are nice to dont get me rong.

Hopefully I'll have a new Sport 40 by then. Mine is 20 years old. It's still fast but I'm getting a new one for sure. I have a pic of my current boat but I don't know how to post pics with a I-phone.

I hope to get my sport 40- GP400 and my Dominos Pizza 1/8th scale in the water today if the weather holds out. Packs almost charged! I like the look of the cowling on those full size hulls. You actually just opened my mind up to the idea as I have not really thought about that style cowl, but it think it would really work! Mike

IMGP3346.jpg

Thats Sweet Im glad i can be some insperation ,I want to do the sport 20 then the 40.I wish i had the shop,or place and skill to work on the cowl..Im sure youll come up with something sweet,Hint scoop on the yellow boat looks good.This is an open thread so if any one else has ideas lets here them.im going to be gone far a week starting wensday .Ill try to call you when i get back.

I have been making 4 GP styles boats in 1:12 version so far, in rtr under modified cowl is some pictures of the boats. Going to be starting hull type number 5 & 6 shortly

Your right Rob, they started life as a Proboat before I cut them & changed em. I'm in the stages of making new design hulls that would be even closer to the GP class hull, the plug I'm working on is a tri wing hull like the old gp1 spellbound. It's an auld designed hull that was made about 1998ish & raced in Australia as a twin turbo'd v8, or another version was gp5 wasp racing. It ran a ford small bock v8 before being cut up & rebuilt into its current shape. Spellboaund was destroyed in an accident & never fixed.

After that the next hull design is another auld the old gp101 that Jeff Bernard drove when it was painted in the flames

Cool have to post a thread when done.I would be interested in those to if there in the 30 inch or 39 inch range.

Hi guy's, my name is Sebastien from Hobby Soulanges. I live near of Valleyfield and i see every year those GP boat. My .60 boat is a replica of this GP boat and i have the mold of my boat. I plan to build some of those soon. On the 2012 GP boat they have 2 models; one is a Bergeron boat and other is Henderson boat. My mold is to make a henderson replica boat but i know the guy's who have bergeron replica mold.

You can look my boat in my gallery.

One of the coolest GP models ive seen is from Canada,several years ago I acquired this pic and some day will attempt to build a sport 40 like it. From the cowl to deck lines this is a awesome boat sport 40.jpg

Hi Saymike, this boat is a bergeron 5 liter replica and they are a very fast boat. I can have this boat. A lot of our club member run those boat but, They are not legal for IMPBA rule, i will try to make those boat IMPBA legal. The strut is behind of transom and the air dam are more than 1/8''.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Saymike, this boat is a bergeron 5 liter replica and they are a very fast boat. I can have this boat. This boat are not legal for IMPBA rule, i will try to make those boat IMPBA legal. The strut is behind of transom and the air dam are more than 1/8''.
send me some more pics of boats like this [email protected] wood? glass?

Back