** Eagle Over 100.00 mph Pics and Video **

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philmunsterman

Great day at the Lake this am. Weather was good around 80 deg. I had several runs over 100 mph. 102,101,103. A few details.

Eagle 45 with CMB 91

AB 67 Pipe @ 11"

50% Redmax Full Syn

2170 Full Blade

Thanks Everyone for all the advice and Help so far. I know I still have a lot to learn, but it sure is Fun !!

eagle103.jpg

eagle103me.jpg

eagle103plug.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K3igReQO5c&list=HL1344802529&feature=mh_lolz

102 mph?? Really? I have to say Im a bit skeptic that doesnt appear to be moving as fast as the twin x guys and they are claiming the high 90's Not hatin just sayin........ Either way if so congrats - hope I get to 100 one day.

Last edited:
102 mph?? Really? I have to say Im a bit skeptic that doesnt appear to be moving as fast as the twin x guys and they are claiming the high 90's Not hatin just sayin........ Either way if so congrats - hope I get to 100 one day.
That's the problem with uploaded videos, often you just can't tell. Phil's combo should be plenty capable of doing what he posted. I went 107+ @ SAWs a number of years ago with a stone stock MAC 84 in a 45 SGX. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the problem with uploaded videos, often you just can't tell. Phil's combo should be plenty capable of doing what he posted. I went 107+ @ SAWs a number of years ago with a stone stock MAC 84 in a 45 SGX. :)
i agree with your statement Don. on video 100 MPH dont look fast. i have seen Jeff Lutz videos of his twin compressor doing 109MPH on the traps. My 80 Twin in hunstville AL was making 90 MPH passes and it did not look fast either but who are we to judge how fast it went if we where not there...

i agree with your statement Don. on video 100 MPH dont look fast. i have seen Jeff Lutz videos of his twin compressor doing 109MPH on the traps. My 80 Twin in hunstville AL was making 90 MPH passes and it did not look fast either but who are we to judge how fast it went if we where not there...
No ones "judging" homie I just said honestly how it looked to me. As I said before all congrats due if so I know Phil has nice stuff.

Dang I didnt see Phil had a .90 in there :eek: I was looking at .67 pipe not motor. What does a.67 pipe do for a .90 that would make it desirable??? Not being funny at all I truly dont know - never know when a speed tip may come in handy.

Hugh

Hey Julian, I'm assuming you saw a video from Huntsville about 4 years ago. It was a 112.5 mph pass, and was at 118 at the end of the straightaway on a radar. I had broke the boat in half twice, and it had an awful twist in the hull. Not a big enough rudder servo in the boat either, and it checked out on one of those runs. That weekend, I never got the boat right to work on speed, holding left rudder, etc, etc. All of those passes were 50% nitro, with the pipes set conservative. Hope all is going well across the pond. Jeff

Excellent Phil!!!!

Looked and sounded like 100+ to me. Smooth water, smooth running boat, and that full blade 2170 does not need excessive RPM to run well over 100.

The AB 67 pipe gets more rpm out of a 91/101 than the bigger 90 pipes.

Years ago I ran the same boat with a Mac 67 and got 111 mph. Take off the turn fin if you dare and you will hit 108 mph!

Same prop, same hull. Very doable. Congrats!

John, the lake Phil is running on has plenty of room for removing the turn fin. They are still runnig at the 1993 Internats site. Huge lake and an even bigger one next door where Andy Brown set a SAW record at the 1993 Internats.

I can reswedge that pipe if you need to go shorter, it sounded like it got to top rpm rather quickly.

You will be talking Huntsville before long ha!

Did you have any more coupler problems with the different fit on the header and pipe (noise and rotation).

Maybe this is what we need to get the club going again.....

I did switch back to the CMDI Header and it sealed and fit Great. Thanks for your help with the Pipe. We will have to get back out to the Lake soon. Phil

Great day at the Lake this am. Weather was good around 80 deg. I had several runs over 100 mph. 102,101,103. A few details.
Eagle 45 with CMB 91

AB 67 Pipe @ 11"

50% Redmax Full Syn

2170 Full Blade

Thanks Everyone for all the advice and Help so far. I know I still have a lot to learn, but it sure is Fun !!
very cool Phil. Are you guys running the Garmin computers on-board? Interesting

Back