Rigger Pics and Videos from St. Louis, MO 07/13/12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philmunsterman

Wow I just realized today was Friday the 13th ! Lucky all the Boats came back in one piece. First video is Mike Shuttleworth's Gas Outlaw Rigger. Second is my Eagle 45 with CMB 91. Both were running around 90 mph.

FridaySaweagle.jpg

media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbYVqi0U5Ew&feature=youtu.be[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPkgotRhqe0&feature=channel&list=UL

ah, ok. I was using GPS in mine as well, then found that they were roughly 8-10 mph quicker on a gecko GPS unit then on the gun. Needless to say, I was a bit shocked and now have to work much harder to gain back and get more speed :)

boats look great regardless!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I didnt have the same luck unfortunately. But regardless, keep at it. Never fast enough. Or, at least I seem to have that problem ;)

" Never fast enough " is right ! I'm just running for fun so the GPS or Gun we may be using that day is just a tool for tuning. Now if I can just figure out the whole Pipe Length, Fuel Flow, Prop, Setup thing I'll be good. I guess that's what keeps us going back to the Lake. Phil

You know it my friend! Keeps a guy going week after week. Some days feel like a losing battle, but I always say.......a bad day at the pond is still better then any good day at work.

phil sqeeze the needle and let it sing lol it has alot more
I'm working on it. I was off on the strut, way too much positive so it wouldn't pull the prop when I shortened the pipe. I made a few adjustments this week. Might get a chance to run it again Sat. am. Phil

ah, ok. I was using GPS in mine as well, then found that they were roughly 8-10 mph quicker on a gecko GPS unit then on the gun. Needless to say, I was a bit shocked and now have to work much harder to gain back and get more speed :)

boats look great regardless!!
Most all of the runs I have checked with the gun and the gps, the readings will vary from dead on to about 2 to 3 tenths difference.

Run to run mine vary about 2 to 5 tenths on the gps, I use it every run as its a gasser and there is room for it.

The runs on the gasser were 87.9 and 88.3 the day the video was taken, its hard to break 90 when its 90 plus degrees.

The gps will give an erronious reading on occasion but its usually way off, I never take just one reading, for a reading to count I usually take 3 or so.

Phil and I just run for fun and mainly for speed, and the gps is a good tuning tool.

Holten lake is 300 yards wide and about 850 yards long, approximately 44 acres of water, turtles, geese, ducks etc., all are expensive should you hit one!

One good thing about the hot weather is there werent any fishermen that day ha!!

Phil, the video of your boat proves that a blind man can take video ha, why they took the viewfinders off the cameras is beyond me, I cant see the screen outdoors.

Just a note---The park Rangers are watching you when you run RC Boats...if you kill geese or ducks it will be expensive & you could go to Jail.

" Never fast enough " is right ! I'm just running for fun so the GPS or Gun we may be using that day is just a tool for tuning. Now if I can just figure out the whole Pipe Length, Fuel Flow, Prop, Setup thing I'll be good. I guess that's what keeps us going back to the Lake. Phil
If you figure all those out at once.. please let us all know!!

If you figure all those out at once.. please let us all know!!
Congratulations Phil!!

On your 101 102 103 runs with your Eagle, I dont think it has even blown off yet either. I just wish I had gotten in on the fun! Maybe next week I can get out there with you guys...

Back