.12-.18 Mono Hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjs

I have a brand new OS .18TZ and was thinking about putting it in a mono. What is a good hull for this engine? I assume it will take the water cooling mod to keep it fro overheating in a mono.

Thanks.

-Chris

I built one of those and sold it shortly after it was done. The new owner got a hair under 50 MPH out of it. It's a lot of work converting it from a bare hull as just about everything had to be fabricated.

View attachment 6436

The boat in all white is $99 for a color $110

The boat is made out of regular glass. Not carbon like the rest of our boats. But if you want carbon we can do it for a extra $35

I have a FG Wildthing .12 with a Picco,.. has a quite a rocker in one side of the bottom but it;s lots of fun.. water cooling will work best down in the mono hull.. my .12 mono gets HOT!

I owned a glass Wildthing and it also had a heck of a rocker in the back end Trim tabs fixed that issue, in fact Anthony owned that one at one time to lol BUT with an OS CVRM 18 and 2.5 macs pipe it would hang with a lot of the 21 monos --it was more of a hand full than a 21 hull lol but lots of fun-- if im remembering right it had a modified 215 or 220 prather prop and 8-8.5 center of head to center of pipe --hope that helps a little

Might add that julianconde here on IW was the last owner that I know of-of that hull and he was looking to sell it but thats been a while

Last edited by a moderator:
I owned a glass Wildthing and it also had a heck of a rocker in the back end Trim tabs fixed that issue, in fact Anthony owned that one at one time to lol BUT with an OS CVRM 18 and 2.5 macs pipe it would hang with a lot of the 21 monos --it was more of a hand full than a 21 hull lol but lots of fun-- if im remembering right it had a modified 215 or 220 prather prop and 8-8.5 center of head to center of pipe --hope that helps a little

Might add that julianconde here on IW was the last owner that I know of-of that hull and he was looking to sell it but thats been a while
you are correct i still have the boat

if that hull is still around and in good shape I would like to buy it back!!! paint job was wicked!!!
anthony that boat is still looks the same as you had it. its still in very good shape

I've still got a wood Wild Thing .12 that Grimmie built back in 2003-2004. It used to go to the pond every time I took the other boats out. It's been a fun, fast and reliable boat for me. I'd sell it for the right price. I ran only air-cooled motors in it as they get plenty of air to keep it cool.

I do not think you can buy one. Mike Z made the molds,.. he molded a few but I think they may have gone away when he went to work for Hobbico. I will sell you one almost new for the right price.. there may be a pic of the yellow one i have now in my gallery,.. that is it. Has a Picco 7 port .12 not broken in yet,.. kids just haven't taken an interest,,, super fun

Phil Thomas laid up the few that were made. What happened to the molds since then, I don't know.

I do have one of the few (I don't know how many were made) wood versions that Mike made. I'm not 100% sure but I believe that 2 versions of that were made, one with a separate radio box and the other, built in. It's been kind of for sale but I do have one person interested in it.

Latest posts

Back