My new MK-1 Supercat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saugling

Now it is spring and the curtain falls....my new MK-1 Supercat is 90% finished :blink:

cat_rot_01.jpg

cat_rot_02.jpg

cat_rot_03.jpg

cat_rot_04.jpg

I just got the Cat back from painting and installed some hardware. Before painting the Cat looked like this:

cat_roh_01.jpg

cat_roh_03.jpg

cat_roh_04.jpg

cat_roh_05.jpg

cat_roh_06.jpg

cat_roh_07.jpg

(this actually is our second hull and not the red painted one - but it looks the same)

The cat is about 115cm long and 38cm wide.

It is made out of Glassfibre-Epoxy, weight is about 2,5 - 3 kg (without hardware).

I hope to have it "ready to race" in about 1-2 weeks B)

Regards

Robert

Looks really nice Robert! Looking forward to see the boat on the water. Looks like you have a CMB in there, which model is it?

Hey Nice Job

Looks a lot like a sprint cat underneath - what are the extensions of the transom for? The motor seems a lot further forward than I'm used to seeing, how does it go for balance point.

GT B)

GTR said:
Hey Nice Job
Looks a lot like a sprint cat underneath - what are the extensions of the transom for? The motor seems a lot further forward than I'm used to seeing, how does it go for balance point.

GT B)
The extensions of the transom are for...SECRET :ph34r:

...ok they are for optics :blink:

The CG is at about 30-35% (from rear end).

Tony Jacuzzi said:
Very nice looking construction. No rails?? engine mounts through the bottom ?
I hope these pictures are helpful for understanding the engine mounts.

Just some angled aluminum-profile, glued in with epoxy resing and glass fibre.

cat_rot_06.jpg

cat_rot_07.jpg

Wow, that's a nice design, sort of looks like a Coffin.

Gary, those extensions seem to be a big trend in your area and the UK. I would guess that if a cat rides on the trailing edge you could get a little more loose with your set up with the ruddar set into the extensions.

Saugling,

Where are you located?? That looks like a PIP .90 pipe or a Rossi pipe?? Which is it?? Also looks like a PIP mount?

Also, what's your prediction of the motor mounts life with it glued into the bottom of the hull?? Pretty wicked idea. :D

Let us know how it runs.......I'm srooling looking at this thing, it's pretty rad.

I was looking closely at the set up of the ruddar directly in front of the prop. Did you think about placing it directly onto one of the rear sponsons extensions so it would be off set a little??

saugling,

seems alot longer/thinner than the supercat sold by eddie barnes....do u know if that is correct? cowl is pretty, i hope you dont end up changing pipes, the turbine and that pipe look pretty sexy together B)

you must have some serious cowl locking goin on there to be able to pick it up by that handle!

Joe

I am from Germany. The pipe is a .90 CMB muffled pipe. The mount is a selfmade one :)

There is about 1mm of glassfibre over the aluminum-profile...so it should stay where it is :rolleyes: wicked ideas...that is what brings us forward! :rolleyes:

Yes, once the cowl is locked...it is locked...some real serious cowl locking this time <_<

To be honest, I never heard of this eddie barnes cat :(

I hope the weather will be good enough for a maiden trip next week :)

Back