Retrieval Boat Video and some other video from today

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Moore

Just got this retrieval boat done a couple weeks ago. Just PVC and some backyard ingenuity. Made it 19" wide to take most of our boats which is mainly Miss Vegas's. Works very well. Using a 208oz ebay servo hacked to continuously rotate and a thread spool to take up the 25lbs fishing line, It's controlled by my GT3b

Will get a few still pics tonight. Thought I would share what I built.

http://youtu.be/jErMa4sOCF0

Last edited by a moderator:
158 views and nobody has a comment? here is a couple close up pics of that I came up with

2012-02-12123804.jpg

2012-02-12123934.jpg

2012-02-12123923.jpg

2012-02-12123911.jpg

2012-02-12123815.jpg

2012-02-12123905.jpg

2012-02-12123850.jpg

2012-02-12123857.jpg

Chris,

This is an impressive bit of engineering. The dropping curtain in the front is a very well thought out, stability and high boyancy, it's all there. What is really cool about this design is that it does not swamp the boat during retrieval. Maybe some clubs need to contact you about making some of these for them.

D

Great job! Some serious "out of the box" thinking going on there!

I think it's funny to watch that Tug bobbing like a cork while your capture craft is steady as she goes.

Anybody interested in a buying one of these? I can make them longer and wider. They will come with everything but a battery. Brand new hacked GT3b radio with working 3rd channel for the capture bar, motor and esc, drive shaft and collet. Also included would be a how to video of how it all works in detail. Would be broken down to be able to fit into a smaller box. Thinking around $275 shipped. Just asking for interest not for sale yet if it does happen I will post a for sale thread.

Chris

I would be interested in one of these.

D
I am going to get some parts together over the next couple weeks. I have some stuff on order that will not be here until the 12th (motor collects for 540's). The price may go down also we will see where I end up with parts and final weight for shipping.

Looks like it might need a little more length in the back to stay level with a bigger boat. That rig is idea was very bright.

From what we had this last weekend the design in the back seems to be OK for a bigger boat. I attempted to capture a Rio51z this last weekend. The result was that I need more front length and more floatation for the front. When capturing a bigger boat with this all the weight is supported up front.

Latest posts

Back