Need to vent!!!!!!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

Just got a PM from another member saying he has had the same problem with one of the members on here.

I'm out of pocket AU$464 and now another Australian member is out of pocket AU$300.

Both instances the package was sent, we were never given the USPS tracking numbers, and apparently the package cannot be traced after it has left customs. (yes it does sound like BS)

I thought if it only happened to me, something may have gone amiss but for exactly the same thing to happen to someone else is no coincidence.

No names but he knows who he is.

BTW BigChuck is a stand up guy and had no problems with stuff from him coming out of customs, only took 5 days to get here. Thanks Charles.

im hearing you there mate a member on her owes me $500.00 us odd for ob pipes and after 8 months of " yep ill get them out asap " he has now fallen of the face of the earth

it stinks that there are so many crummy people out there the worst part it i trusted the guy as i had bought pipes from him many times in the past

makes me think twice about buying from over seas

Both instances the package was sent, we were never given the USPS tracking numbers, and apparently the package cannot be traced after it has left customs. (yes it does sound like BS)
Customs is as far as the post office can track packages thats true (via the customs number on the form) once it leaves customs it is on its own-- There is full tracking and good insurance coverage with the appropriate shipping method through the post office BUT it costs an arm and leg and I have yet to have an overseas customer willing to pay for that shipping they always want the cheapest possible shipping available (and at the cost I almost cant blame them)..

Not trying to make light of your situation as Ive been on both ends of it as a seller and as a buyer but if you payed with paypal you can file a claim against the seller to try and get your cash back, if the item does show up just drop the claim, hope it all works out for the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a PM from another member saying he has had the same problem with one of the members on here.

I'm out of pocket AU$464 and now another Australian member is out of pocket AU$300.

I thought if it only happened to me, something may have gone amiss but for exactly the same thing to happen to someone else is no coincidence.

No names but he knows who he is.

Gaday Guys

With all my dealings with my fello Racers in the us never had any problems till now :angry: and never have i been told as was put to me by the Well known Member on here !! USPS does not give a tracking number on international shipments what a load of poopie if you spend $330 USD with a member on here one would think the items would be shipped with insurance or at the least tracking THAT IS AVALIBLE I WAS QUOTED A SHIPPING PRICE OF $20USD i was asked to pay with paypal and send as a gift or pay the what ever % it was so i opted to pay the extra % so i was covered but due to the item dragggging out before they had ment to be shipped the claim time fraim had past so now i have know money or items now what razzed the alarm was a os 9b carb item brought from Texas 3 days after this other deal had ment to be sent have arived and gess what they came with a tracking number yet the $330 USD nope no here :angry:

I get stuff sent USPS all the time and they always come with a tracking number... I have even tracked them before when concerned... And it showed it leaving the USA and going through Aus customs... So I find the you can't track it after it gets to customs thing a bit hard to swallow...

Unfortunately it only takes a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone.

I don't buy alot from over sea's, but i did finally experience a long delivery time for a Christmas card.....6 weeks delivery time last Christmas from Arizona to Illinois..... my brother got the same card sent the same day within 5 days and he lives in Wisconsin which is farther. it dont sound possible stuff got lost 2x.... but stuff does happen.....In these cases of yours, the bigger dollar values should have some sorta insurance and tracking..

good luck,

Paul

I shipped some pipes to OZ,. took forever... I think I misplaced the paperwork also,.. so it didn't look good,.. but they showed up ok..

You should be able to follow it using USPS all the way to the Country, Then using that Countries Post continue till you find out its delivered. Sometimes Its all a pain,ask your guy for the number and post it or pm it to me

Only had this problem one time. I called the US postal ser.with the # they took care of the hole thing the package was found and they called me in a few days and told me the customer had it in his hands. real painless.

Hope you get the help you need

I've shipped many packages to Australia. Not only is it terribly expensive compared to other countries, it takes much more time. The last item I sent to Italy arrived in 5 days. The last item I shipped to Australia took a month. The best service is FedEx or UPS but you pay unholy costs for the service.

My experience has been okay if you are patient.

I'd suggest only buying from those people that you know or that come with good recommendations from your friends.

Al Hobbs

I have sent many packages to Australia via usps priority mail, all have tracking numbers, and all were reasonably priced, and took no longer then 10 days to show up. I refuse to ship anything via UPS unless you want the thing ran over with a fork truck, or lost, or re routed around your location 5 times before it arrives.

the only thing the usps is good for is wasting tax payers money.. they are worthless. .most could care less if they are there working or not..

i have shipped boats over to aus.. it is a pain like you can't believe.. there so called tracking system don't track half the time. the duty fees are stupid and there is real good way to know if it made it there or not till the person on the other end says ya or na.

i feel for ya. now if the guy just didn't ship it.. well you have a whole nother battle

chris

Vent noted.

I'm just wondering seeing how it appears to be parts for a OB tunnel if it's the same guy that I warned Tom about and he then passed it along to the other Mods as he was well-known for screwing over people before he ever came on this site. Whether or not that member has been banned, I don't know as I don't go into the OB forum much. In this person's case it seemed to be $400-500.00 items that he shafted people out of.

If you want to compare notes of what I've got against yours, PM me to see if it's the same clown. I won't post the name publicly until I'm sure it's the same person we're discussing here.

As for the USPS I've never had a problem with them. Sure, their tracking system sucks as I've had stuff in my hands when it was shown as being in New York state yet.

Gaday Guys

in both my case and Grubs the items were for Scale boats not OB Tunnels .Brad

Post the name for pete's sake.

Dont let the rest of us fall victim.

Gaday Guys

at this stage im giving the items till the end of the week to arive thats 3 weeks plenty as i now have 3 items off Ebay that are all out of ALL OVER THE US turn up and were brought 3-7 days after these were ment to have been sent so if they havent turned up by them and the seller dosnt come good with a replacment ill post his name them as well as all email corospondance i have to show who is in the right here.

Brad

the only thing the usps is good for is wasting tax payers money.. they are worthless. .most could care less if they are there working or not..

i have shipped boats over to aus.. it is a pain like you can't believe.. there so called tracking system don't track half the time. the duty fees are stupid and there is real good way to know if it made it there or not till the person on the other end says ya or na.

i feel for ya. now if the guy just didn't ship it.. well you have a whole nother battle

chris
The problem with shipping to Australia is not the USPS .....the receiving country customs is where the communication line ceases to exist.......

USPS has absolutely nothing to do with setting duty fees.....incoming customs duty fees are controlled by the receiving country........

The receiving country sets import duty fees to discourage their citizens from buying offshore.....

Gaday Guys

at this stage im giving the items till the end of the week to arive thats 3 weeks plenty as i now have 3 items off Ebay that are all out of ALL OVER THE US turn up and were brought 3-7 days after these were ment to have been sent so if they havent turned up by them and the seller dosnt come good with a replacment ill post his name them as well as all email corospondance i have to show who is in the right here.

Brad

People that engage in this type of business practices count on customers not having the stones to put their name in print for all to see....

If you are not willing to call the offender out into the sunlight why even come on the forum and ***** about it........

If we don't know who the offender is we can't help you by not giving him/her our business......

Trying to negotiate with a shady businessman will take 6 months......humiliation takes 6 seconds to get your point across........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back